This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Saints claimed it was a professional foul but not foul play one would have a completely different out come. What did Newman appeal did he say he didn’t shout at the ref. Leeds have put a few ###### poor appeals in it doesn’t mean every unsuccessful appeal is now frivolous. 

Leeds' Newman appeal was based on what he did not having been something bans had been handed out for before.

They provided voluminous comparable examples, but it was dismissed as frivolous.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Leeds' Newman appeal was based on what he did not having been something bans had been handed out for before.

They provided voluminous comparable examples, but it was dismissed as frivolous.

I give up. Ok the RFL have it in for Leeds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It might’ve been a case of trying to keep the player happy by doing everything possible to give him a chance. No matter how futile. 

I’m glad he didn’t get his ban reduced, i would’ve been embarrassed. I’ve not spoken to any Saints fan (so far) who have said “he shouldn’t have been suspended”. Id imagine there will be some on the cesspit that is Facemuck & Twits and other sites(if there are any) who will be saying “the RFL are corrupt”. But you will never change their views because everything is against their club. They go to a game thinking their side has been robbed even before KO, and leave the ground thinking the same. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I give up. Ok the RFL have it in for Leeds. 

Don't know if they do or don't but in the Newman example they challenged the grading citing similar examples. 

One thing we do know of this system, and it's frustratingly opaque, is that producing that sort of evidence to try to benchmark the gradings doesn't work and leads down the road to frivolity.

Edited by The Ghost of 99

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Don't know if they do or don't but in the Newman example they challenged the grading citing similar examples. 

One thing we do know of this system, and it's frustratingly opaque, is that producing that sort of evidence to try to benchmark the gradings doesn't work and leads down the road to frivolity.

Are you sure the cited examples were similar?

If they weren't, it would be frivolous. 

Do you have a list of clubs found to have made frivolous appeals?

I'm pretty sure Trinity haven't.

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

The minutes will be there at the RFL go check it out. I’ve just checked the Reese Martyn one and it’s basically like I said. They even say there was no basis in law for the appeal and it was just basically a claim for clemency. That’s why it was deemed frivolous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Can you give us these examples. I’ve just looked basically the appeal consisted of Newman telling them he’s a passionate player and Rohan Smith saying he uses his hands a lot when he talks. 😂😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well, well, well. I personally dont this would have happened if it wasn't the Grand Final.

It shouldn’t happen at all - so, this new judiciary are saying the ref was wrong, the MRP panel was wrong and the appeal panel was wrong.

The game really doesn’t help itself sometimes does it.

• Like 1