This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

Just got off a flight and when I turned my phone back on I got a link to the headline that Knowles had won his second appeal. I turned the sound down because I thought it was going to be one of those ###### take WhatsApps. 

Edited by bobbruce
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

It probably is Fev but when a player is banned I've never seen them appeal twice to try and overturn it, once you cop a ban you  stay banned.

Quite so. Any team that appeals against a ban should be ....oh, hang on a min.....🤔

6 hours ago, jacksy said:

What did Sneyd get for the leg twist on McGuire?

A right good ticking off from his mummy I imagine! 

I don't know, I don't remember. I'm off to work, it's marginally less depressing than this thread. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
Spelling

The Bateman situation and now this preposterous turn of events is disturbing. I've previously been fully supportive of the RFLs disciplinary processes and decisions, taking any  criticism as those of partizan fans and conspiracy theoreticians.

This stinks, though and I trust that media can raise awareness of the disquiet expressed by fans.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

This stinks, though and I trust that media can raise awareness of the disquiet expressed by fans.

I was just about to write that a further issue will be how this is covered by the media.

We already know how the clickbait legion will do it - indeed, already are doing it. But who in the rest could actually explain this in a way that is properly helpful, and can you trust Sky to explain it without getting bored and cracking a joke halfway through the sentence to undermine the whole thing?

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It would seem the review was based on the concept that the previous panel's evidence was, essentially, flawed and incompetent.

Unbelievably, the MRP Appeal panel concurred.

Maybe the original MRP panel should all resign as they’re obviously not fit for purpose?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Decision making in any disciplinary process, whether that be a court of law or a sports disciplinary or what have you, is based on precedence to ensure everyone is treated the same. 

Then this will now work the other way with everyone expecting to be treated the same way as Knowles and Sts i.e. more than one appeal and Knowles twisting of the arm now being acceptable.

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

Then this will now work the other way with everyone expecting to be treated the same way as Knowles and Sts i.e. more than one appeal and Knowles twisting of the arm now being acceptable.

Unfortunately you are right and that is one of the main problems here. A new precedence has been set...... 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The Bateman situation and now this preposterous turn of events is disturbing. I've previously been fully supportive of the RFLs disciplinary processes and decisions, taking any  criticism as those of partizan fans and conspiracy theoreticians.

They won’t. They’re too scared of damaging relationships to do that. 

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Knowles twisting of the arm now being acceptable.

Leaving everything else aside - this is the message that has been sent nice and clearly.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

One thing the RFL are competent at is organising tribunals. The Courts Service can hardly arrange a trial less than 2 years ahead but the RFL can get limitless silks behind a desk going frame by frame through a Betamax at a moment's notice.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

I couldn’t have put that better Chris22 as im a bit of a dumbo when it comes to writing stuff out like you have. 

But I too feel very uncomfortable with what’s gone on, and now we will at this moment in time be hated more than Philip Schofield. I hope he doesn’t turn up in a Saints kit at OT that’s all we need. 

Just as long as he doesn’t push to the front of the queues at the turnstiles and the bar.

Edited by Gomersall

Just now, Tommygilf said:

And the initial appeal panel.

It is worrying that we are at a state like this.

And the ref because he obviously doesn’t understand the law that it’s acceptable to twist a players arm. Maybe Sts should pursue compensation for the 10 minutes Knowles was sin binned for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Michael Maguire's agent will be phoning around.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.