This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

Presumably, going forward, any punches, high swinging arms or stiff arms that do not actually connect should also go unpunished. Because despite the intent, it did not go beyond the normal range of impact.

Edited by Desert Skipper
  • Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

This is an utter disgrace, RFL completely inept, i really hope Leeds are considering legal action after they way they have been treated this year. And Frivolous appeals.

The RFL to save any integrity must uphold the ban. This just stinks of pure corruption. 

this could have long term damage to the game. 
no more world cup tickets for me and not even watching tv boycotting the whole event now

Edited by Live after death
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That still image isn’t exactly telling. That’s simply his arm behind his back, no pressure on the joint or the arm in an unnatural position. Not that one still image proves or disproves anything. 

What it does show is the approach to the tackle.  Knowles is almost outside of the tackle there,  pulling his arm while Roby hangs round his head. We've all seen the video and the level of force used,  but the still shows that is not a normal tackle in the slightest. 

The RFL have gone from one extreme to another when it comes to the disciplinary process this season. Initially we saw a thoroughly justified clampdown, followed by a climbdown because a few journalists and ex players moaned for likes on social media. Now they have completely undermined themselves with the Bateman nonsense and look absolutely ridiculous with the Knowles u-turn.

I don't think the process is as broke as some make out. The appeal of the appeal certainly has to go because it isnt needed and turns far too much focus on the disciplinary and just encourages clubs to moan. We have seen that all season. The trouble is a process is only as strong as those implementing it and the RFL have shown time and again to have the backbone of a jellyfish.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

It probably is Fev but when a player is banned I've never seen them appeal twice to try and overturn it, once you cop a ban you  stay banned.

I agree entirely but don't cut yer nose off to spite yer face,Leeds are your team NOT Saints and they aren't the first team to 'get looked after ' and they won't be the last and i  include Leeds in that. Shocking decision 🙄 but what can us mere mortals do ? Carry on supporting our club's because if we stay away it won't help our club's. Good luck on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BREAKING NEWS: "Oscar Pistorious is to be released from prison immediately following a successful appeal from St Helens RLFC to have his murder charge overturned".

• Haha 11
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

6 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

The usual RL farce. Sadly the major worry is that the bias just isn’t a surprise anymore and it’s that obvious it’s would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. Makes you just want to sack the game off and go do something more wholesome with your time. 

If  only we could but we can't give up on OUR teams because other ( certain) teams get looked after, it will never change and iam 100% certain Wakefield, Salford i could go on wouldn't have had the same outcome!!!

10 hours ago, yipyee said:

Maybe the panel saw it how it actually happened, the Salford player twisted his own arm up his back and trapped in Knowles hand to milk a penalty. Players have been milking penalties all season so glad its finally been spotted and dealt with appropriately, if wilkin had been commentating he would be commending the Salford player on his brilliance.

You really need to take your one eye to Specsavers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Damien said:

The trouble is a process is only as strong as those implementing it and the RFL have shown time and again to have the backbone of a jellyfish.

I will use another fish for the descriptive,

A Kipper................ because that is two faced and gutless!

Just as the judiciary are in accepting an appeal of an appeal then overturning a decision made twice, they should have had the bottle to say to Saints go and feck off how many times do you need telling, he's banned.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 4

Take the actual incident out of this for a moment the biggest concern here is with this decision the RFL are basically saying, the ref was wrong, the video ref was wrong, the MRP were wrong, and the first appeals judiciary were wrong.

Even the most ardent Saints fan must be able to see that the RFL are saying the whole process and the people involved are incompetent, it’s not a good look for the sport.

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That still image isn’t exactly telling. That’s simply his arm behind his back, no pressure on the joint or the arm in an unnatural position. Not that one still image proves or disproves anything. 

For me it's irrelevant how much pressure was applied, grabbing the arm and pulling behind someone's back has nothing to do with a RL tackle. The technique shouldn't be allowed regardless.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Take the actual incident out of this for a moment the biggest concern here is with this decision the RFL are basically saying, the ref was wrong, the video ref was wrong, the MRP were wrong, and the first appeals judiciary were wrong.

Even the most ardent Saints fan must be able to see that the RFL are saying the whole process and the people involved are incompetent, it’s not a good look for the sport.

True, it just doesn't add up, I believe the details become available at 9am

7 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

The usual RL farce. Sadly the major worry is that the bias just isn’t a surprise anymore and it’s that obvious it’s would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. Makes you just want to sack the game off and go do something more wholesome with your time. 

Would a Red Devils player got off with it and were playing in Saturdays final? I seriously doubt it

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stanley30 said:

I'm genuinely baffled that the saints fans on their forum believe justice has prevailed. It was horrendous to watch and deliberate, thank god atkin got. 

What will be the Saints fans reactions if the same thing thing happens to one of their players on Saturday.

If i was Rohan Smith i would have my players practising chicken wing tackles knowing they can't be punished.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Would a Red Devils player got off with it and were playing in Saturdays final? I seriously doubt it

Would he ######!😂 

The RFL are an utter joke (which we already knew) and they need a complete overhaul.

Oh and those saying Saints have done nothing wrong by appealing are talking out of their backsides. I have no issue with any club challenging a debatable high tackle etc but challenging a clear chicken wing just says "###### you" to the rest of the sport and completely flies in the face of player welfare. Utterly crass IMO and McManus & co should feel equally ashamed.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think there was some sarcasm in yipyees post Dav.

Fair enough,on holiday so only came on briefly to see the reaction on here& it’s pretty much as I thought,oh well back home tomorrow,I’m sure they’ll be more than a few pages of this thread to wade through.

53 minutes ago, Damien said:

The RFL have gone from one extreme to another when it comes to the disciplinary process this season. Initially we saw a thoroughly justified clampdown, followed by a climbdown because a few journalists and ex players moaned for likes on social media. Now they have completely undermined themselves with the Bateman nonsense and look absolutely ridiculous with the Knowles u-turn.

I don't think the process is as broke as some make out. The appeal of the appeal certainly has to go because it isnt needed and turns far too much focus on the disciplinary and just encourages clubs to moan. We have seen that all season. The trouble is a process is only as strong as those implementing it and the RFL have shown time and again to have the backbone of a jellyfish.

Hey! We'll have none of that language round here! You might be annoyed at the decision but no need to go around offending the entire jellyfish race!! 

10 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Has anyone seen the full disciplinary report yet. 

No not really bothered, it would be like reading a script from Only fools and horses. (Insert your favourite comedy programme)

• Like 3