This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

I think on Saturday we will see a very ill disciplined game with high shots and and chicken wing tackles now that its acceptable in Rugby League according to the RFL

Jokes aside, its a really worrying turn of events. How is Liam Moore supposed to referee that?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds Martin Appeal was deemed frivolous because they used evidence of other tackles that were deemed not to be similar.

Judo and Police examples? all good apparently 🙂

It will get lost in the furore, but it is still ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

The Bateman situation should never have arisen. He should have been available for England selection but banned for the first 3 SL games of next season. He was playing for Wigan when the incident happened and Wigan should suffer the consequences.

Can't do that think about it the other way round, a guy gets sent off in an international game for something bad worth say 6 games suspension, should he only be suspended for international games?

58 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds Martin Appeal was deemed frivolous because they used evidence of other tackles that were deemed not to be similar.

Judo and Police examples? all good apparently 🙂

No it wasn’t it was deemed frivolous because it had no basis in rules or law. As such Leeds could’ve Put the best ever argument forward and it still wouldn’t got any games reduced. I’ll be interested to see or get an idea how Saints have got off with this I’ve no idea how they’ve managed it. Let’s not pretend that any of this confirms Leeds have been hard done to this season as their arguments to the MRP have shown they clearly don’t understand the process. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Then the solution of "you are banned from international competition until your domestic ban has been served" comes into play?

Not one I agree with but if that's the logic then that's a solution.

A ban is a ban for the miscreant no matter what comp it was given in and no matter what comp it affects thereafter, why be lenient to someone who may have cost another player to miss games, exactly as is the case with Bateman

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

A ban is a ban for the miscreant no matter what comp it was given in and no matter what comp it affects thereafter, why be lenient to someone who may have cost another player to miss games, exactly as is the case with Bateman

If the predicted punch up occurs, the England squad (and some others) for the world cup, could be decimated. 

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Of course it doesn't work because it's ridiculous to have domestic bans apply to internationals.

And reserve internationals.

And random games arranged so that players who would never play in them get to count a game towards a ban.

But it would be a way of avoiding Rimmer's issue.

Personally I'd only make a club ban carry over into internationals if it was a certain severity. Now I'll hold my hands up and say I know very little about what constitutes a Grade A, B, C offence etc but off the top of my head a few it would apply to would be:

- Contact with referee (of the severe variety)

- Hopoate'ing (yes it's a verb😁)

- Offence clearly intended to seriously harm player (Ben Flower GF etc)

- Drug bans

Now for me they got it right first time with Knowles. 2/3 game ban which includes GF and the first 1 or 2 games of the next SL season. 

Those claiming Atkin feigned/cheated really need to give their head a wobble and leave club loyalty to one side. Knowles didn't use heavy force, nor did he yank the arm BUT he did manoeuvre it into an unnatural position which could've caused injury, regardless of whether it was a minor or a long-term one.

If he had used more force then that A-B 2 game ban should've been upgraded to an F straight away and a long ban handed out. As someone who played sport at a decent level and had to knock it on the head at a pretty early age due to a pretty shocking tackle we need to stamp out anything that could ruin a player's livelihood.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

No it wasn’t it was deemed frivolous because it had no basis in rules or law. As such Leeds could’ve Put the best ever argument forward and it still wouldn’t got any games reduced. I’ll be interested to see or get an idea how Saints have got off with this I’ve no idea how they’ve managed it. Let’s not pretend that any of this confirms Leeds have been hard done to this season as their arguments to the MRP have shown they clearly don’t understand the process. 

Saints have got off with it due to the appeal judiciary being inept

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Jokes aside, its a really worrying turn of events. How is Liam Moore supposed to referee that?

Is he though. Chaos like this is what some people want and is ripe to be exploited.

Some on here do not blame Saints. Same here, but they are an active agent in this. It could be argued there is a moral dimension that should have deterred them from exploiting the confusion and incompetence of the RFL.

However, judging by actions on the day and afterwards, it could be argued winning by any means, even if that injuries players, is more important than the integrity of the Game for some..

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2