This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

1 minute ago, hullste said:

I still don't think the incident was as bad as it looked and it certainly wasn't a chicken wing tackle like some have suggested however do think he is very lucky to get away without a ban. However the language used by the first review panel totally contradicted itself so you can't blame Saints for exploiting that. 

We all want to see the best players available on the biggest stage and there are already a number of top players missing on Saturday. People just need to get over it and enjoy watching what should be a fantastic game. 

If you think he deserved a ban,  then you do think it's as bad as other people do.  Nobody was calling for a big ban,  and there were few complaints about Grade B and 2 matches. 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, daz39 said:

Wow, an absolutely appaling and unbelievable decision, no player on earth would get away with what he did any other week of the year!!

Absolutely blatant disregard to allow a player to play in a Grand final!

And in a World cup.

They've basically told the panel to let him off so he can play in a grand final and world cup, it stinks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

really?

I'm just being silly cause I cracked the same joke 10 pages back.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So how do we go about forming a breakaway league then? Let's call it the TRFL, the Total Rugby Football League. Who's gonna be in it? Leigh obviously, who else? 

Huddersfield, as we apparently offer nothing to Super League, but we'd "bring loads" to TRFL 🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Former Saints player and member of the Operational Rules Tribunal isn't happy all the focus is on this mess.....I wonder why? 

the Key word here "Former Saints player"

I wonder if he's a phone call and told to try and distract people away from from Knowles escaping a ban

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If you think he deserved a ban,  then you do think it's as bad as other people do.  Nobody was calling for a big ban,  and there were few complaints about Grade B and 2 matches. 

Didn't say he deserved a ban I said he was lucky to get away without a ban. My thought process for this was because of how it looked on TV which was in large parts influenced by the total over reaction of the Salford player who wasn't injured but milked it for all it was worth. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Still no minutes/published verdict on the original appeal?

Transparency is terrible in this sport.

You'll probably find they have been published but the RFL's progressively worse website makes it impossible to find them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You'll probably find they have been published but the RFL's progressively worse website makes it impossible to find them.

It's not where it should be anyway,  but as you say,  that wouldn't be unusual. 

I used to find both the SL and RFL website decent resources and well worth a daily visit. Now they are both pants in their own unique ways. 

1 hour ago, hullste said:

I still don't think the incident was as bad as it looked and it certainly wasn't a chicken wing tackle like some have suggested however do think he is very lucky to get away without a ban. However the language used by the first review panel totally contradicted itself so you can't blame Saints for exploiting that. 

We all want to see the best players available on the biggest stage and there are already a number of top players missing on Saturday. People just need to get over it and enjoy watching what should be a fantastic game. 

If Saints had been playing Hull would you have got over it ?

• Haha 1

What a reprehensible decision in a reprehensible sport involving a reprehensible club that should now be reimagined,and renamed, Liverpool St Helens.

The similarities to the soccer club of the city of Liverpool don't run parallel;they merge.

The same player,Morgan Knowles,dropped the ball in the act of scoring a try,and although he himself made no appeal,no histrionics, no drama,the individual at the top of the club,brought the sport into disrepute.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/eamonn-mcmanus-blasts-incomprehensible-officiating-at-wembley/

The head coach,Kristian Woolf,took over from Holbrook,under whom no great discipline problems were apparent,yet winger Makinson was red carded for a high tackle and put on report for a squirrel grip during the Woolf tenure.

I suppose there is some irony that the victim of Knowles, Chris Atkin,and Liverpool St Helens CEO Mike Rush,are qualified schoolteachers. 

Pupils,parents and teachers may possibly pay a lot of attention to this the great sport of rugby league.

Playing semantics and pretending a professional rugby league player was not  in jured makes wonderful publicity.

Leon Pryce suggests we just  watch the wonderful players.

Well yes,we should.We should also understand how difficult it is to increase attendances.Increase youth participation.Increase youth attendance. 

We should be mindful that at one time the acknowledged best soccer player of a generation was best remembered for a deliberate handball and cheating.

Other examples are available. 

IMG now have an increased workload.

If big rugby union clubs are close to going out of business as this is being typed,then the sport of rugby league better get its house in order pretty sharpish.

The loyal regular followers are becoming disillusioned. There are no new followers to take over...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Apparently they weren't going to even hear the appeal but Morgan twisted their arm. 

Sorry couldn't resist😞

@graveyard johnnyand I wish we had thought of that.

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Mcmanus final comment still ringing true three years down the line:

"No other sport would have allowed such a farcical and amateurish combination of self-fulfilling events to occur"

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son