Sun 25th Sept: L1 Prelim Final: Doncaster v Rochdale Hornets

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Doncaster
    • Rochdale Hornets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 14:30

I've no dog in this fight but based on what I've seen after North Wales Crusaders lost to both of them, I think Doncaster will edge it. Whatever the result I think Swinton will end up getting the second promotion slot. Best of luck to both teams.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, doc said:

According to the BBC Sport website, the play off Final is Swinton v North Wales on Oct 2nd. 

On the ball as always !?😁

Same website that listed two try scorers for crusaders who were not in the line up as posted by BBC.

The posted line up was alphabetical and the scorers were not in the first 17 players listed alphabetically.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Am I the only one following AFC Rochdale’s results and wanting them to lose every week? 

Me too. I am slightly different from you. Of course I want them to lose, But I KNOW they will lose !. They are going down. 

• Like 1

As a Hornets fan i will say it's a 50/50 game, from what i have seen doncaster are a team with an aggressive defence but we are better with ball in hand, if we are allowed to pass the ball and run at the line we will win, if Doncaster get on top of us with a physical style of rugby then it might be a long day for us. Hornets are coming into this game on the back of two playoff games where they have played the best 160 minutes they have played all season, Doncaster have lost there last game against Swinton. Momentum is with us but it's tough to call.  

On 19/09/2022 at 22:33, moorside roughyed said:

Good luck Rochdale. Don't envy anyone going up tbh if they haven't got a few quid to chuck around.

I think there will definitely be a chance to avoid relegation for the teams going up, acknowledging the possible changes to the structure for 2024, but if it remains two to go down it's hard not to see Newcastle being desperately weak next year, they were moderate this year and look to be cutting right back.

Whitehaven's overseas recruitment might be what defines their season again and I'm not sure what shape Bradford are going to be in, not saying they are going to be relegation candidates at this stage but they do seem in a bit of disarray at the moment.

Keighley look to be well on the way to having a squad that's good enough to stay up, the second promoted team whoever it is will need to recruit well but there might be a couple of week teams from the current Championship crop, again assuming the structure doesn't change.

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think there will definitely be a chance to avoid relegation for the teams going up, acknowledging the possible changes to the structure for 2024, but if it remains two to go down it's hard not to see Newcastle being desperately weak next year, they were moderate this year and look to be cutting right back.

Whitehaven's overseas recruitment might be what defines their season again and I'm not sure what shape Bradford are going to be in, not saying they are going to be relegation candidates at this stage but they do seem in a bit of disarray at the moment.

Keighley look to be well on the way to having a squad that's good enough to stay up, the second promoted team whoever it is will need to recruit well but there might be a couple of week teams from the current Championship crop, again assuming the structure doesn't change.

And on the 'expected' structural changes, that is why I strongly believe that even before a ball is kicked in 2023 every club in all three divisions are made aware of what is to come in 2024.

• Like 4