Sun 25th Sept: L1 Prelim Final: Doncaster v Rochdale Hornets

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Doncaster
    • Rochdale Hornets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 14:30

7 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Well done Doncaster. They've certainly hit form at the business end of the season. Should be a good game v Swinton next week

Are you still confident of Swinton winning the final?

If Doncaster play like that again it might turn out to be their year at last.

55 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

Are you still confident of Swinton winning the final?

If Doncaster play like that again it might turn out to be their year at last.

I'm still backing Swinton to win...but fair play, Doncaster have hit really good form in the last 5 weeks or so Could be very close game.

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think there will definitely be a chance to avoid relegation for the teams going up, acknowledging the possible changes to the structure for 2024, but if it remains two to go down it's hard not to see Newcastle being desperately weak next year, they were moderate this year and look to be cutting right back.

Whitehaven's overseas recruitment might be what defines their season again and I'm not sure what shape Bradford are going to be in, not saying they are going to be relegation candidates at this stage but they do seem in a bit of disarray at the moment.

Keighley look to be well on the way to having a squad that's good enough to stay up, the second promoted team whoever it is will need to recruit well but there might be a couple of week teams from the current Championship crop, again assuming the structure doesn't change.

I just hope the structure doesn't unfairly treat whoever is relegated next season closing a door behind them while a team being promoted after a year of putting 50+ points on the likes of Cornwall and West Wales gets in and is secured at the higher level.

10 minutes ago, Colin James said:

I just hope the structure doesn't unfairly treat whoever is relegated next season closing a door behind them while a team being promoted after a year of putting 50+ points on the likes of Cornwall and West Wales gets in and is secured at the higher level.

I just hope the change in structure treats everyone fairly...but if the predictions are true League 1 teams could potentially be cut adrift financially.

Those promoted this season have done more than just beat Cornwall and West Wales. Keighley have beaten everyone home and away and are deservedly promoted. Whoever gets the second spot will have had some really tough games especially against the teams in the top 6 of League 1....and those relegated will have had a bigger slice of the RFL central funding for the previous 12 months.

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 3

On 23/09/2022 at 07:24, Cw25 said:

Me too. I am slightly different from you. Of course I want them to lose, But I KNOW they will lose !. They are going down. 

They won! And with Hornets CEO wishing them good luck for the game. If only this new attitude could spread to the fans of both clubs.

14 hours ago, gogledd said:

I just hope the change in structure treats everyone fairly...but if the predictions are true League 1 teams could potentially be cut adrift financially.

Those promoted this season have done more than just beat Cornwall and West Wales. Keighley have beaten everyone home and away and are deservedly promoted. Whoever gets the second spot will have had some really tough games especially against the teams in the top 6 of League 1....and those relegated will have had a bigger slice of the RFL central funding for the previous 12 months.

My point is, the timing of any cut off of clubs could mean being promoted this season is something of a poisoned chalice. If a cut off happens at the end of 2023, teams may feel they'd have a better chance being promoted next year than going up this year and staying up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Colin James said:

My point is, the timing of any cut off of clubs could mean being promoted this season is something of a poisoned chalice. If a cut off happens at the end of 2023, teams may feel they'd have a better chance being promoted next year than going up this year and staying up.

Maybe we'lll find out more when the IMG statement comes out on 28th!!