Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 16:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 15:30

All those people who havew repeatesly posted on this forum saying "Just promote Leigh and Featherstone and make SL into 14 teams" seem to be quiet.

Featherstone are nowhere near SL quality at the moment. A top Championship team, yes - but that's where they are at right now.

Leigh look like a SL-ready outfit on and off the field and would have battered Featherstone next week.

As for Batley - well, you just can't help but love them, can you? ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

All those people who havew repeatesly posted on this forum saying "Just promote Leigh and Featherstone and make SL into 14 teams" seem to be quiet.

Featherstone are nowhere near SL quality at the moment. A top Championship team, yes - but that's where they are at right now.

Leigh look like a SL-ready outfit on and off the field and would have battered Featherstone next week.

As for Batley - well, you just can't help but love them, can you? ❤️

We know you’re not a fan of Fev but this is a little reactionary. The club having been doing a lot right for the last few years but have been beaten in a one off game it happens. If you were making a 14 team SL tomorrow you would still have Leigh and Fev in that.

• Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

25 minutes ago, Neil Monaghan said:

Sorry to say that Batley will never be in superleague and probably don't want to be in superleague and have over achieved again and credit to the Batley club. Fev have spent a huge amount and massively under achieved. I would keep Toulouse in superleague next season and hopefully Leigh win and have 13 teams in superleague and if a team wins the championship next year, don't relegate anyone and have 14 teams the year after, No point relegating someone for the sake of it, needs to be a new way of thinking and growing the game 

I just don't get this Neil at the start of this season all 12 SL clubs just had to win enough points to escape relegation, if things happened then it is up to the club to do something to reverse the problem, had Wakefield been relegated would you have had the same concern?

There will definitely be a winner of the Championship next year, it is just the system that may change, but a 14 team SL no chucking fance, there is a small matter of a TV contract to obtain next year for 2024 one I expect will be another reduction on the last one, will SL clubs want to share out less to more clubs, I doubt it.

Hopefully Fev will regroup and reorganise and win there SL spot for '24.

Well done to Batley for a deserved win against Fev today.They are not the quickest side but all players work hard for each other and they do the basics very well.All on a budget which is about half of ours,a proper TEAM performance.And they saved me the expense of a trip to Leigh to see us humiliated again.

7 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fev got the season we deserved. Delighted that it was Batley, may even go and cheer them on next week.

we go again, hopefully with a different head coach.

I am not sure I would be so gracious commenting on my team being beaten, when the formbook hadn't predicted it.  Thanks for being like that - a good lesson to us all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

If you were making a 14 team SL tomorrow you would still have Leigh and Fev in that.

I wouldn't.

But then, as I've posted before, I wouldn't randomly add two teams to SL anyway.

I'd be planning far longer in advance to expand SL, and there'd be criteria for teams to step up. If Featherstone met those criteria at the end of the assessment period - which would be at least three years - then good luck to them. But it wouldn't be guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

We’ll done Batley and more to the point, we’ll done Craig Lingard.  How is he not nominated for coach of the year??

Right, now can we call for McDermott sacking?

Maybe your next coach was on the other bench?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I am not sure I would be so gracious commenting on my team being beaten, when the formbook hadn't predicted it.  Thanks for being like that - a good lesson to us all.

I'm quite sanguine about it.  The 9 pints of ale are probably helping. It was obvious that we weren't going to make it back in May, tonight has just ended our misery a week early.

Plenty of brightside. A trip to TOXIII being the main one next year, and assuming Leigh turn the doggos over, another excuse to eat steak pie at Mount Pleasant next year.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

This isn't a dig, but if Wakefield or London (2019) were allowed in Super League, Batley will be too.

They would have to become full-time, which won't happen. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Out of interest, does anybody know what the regulations say about a team winning promotion to SL, but then declining to accept it for pragmatic and practical reasons?

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The serious question is obviously: if Batley do the unthinkable next week, will they be promoted or will Toulouse survive?! 😳

They’ll decide by Christmas when everyone’s stopped laughing 

• Haha 1

Brilliant game, a proper game of rugby, compare that to the Leyther all-stars game earlier, one was a rugby league game, the other an exhibition match, Batley were superb and once again proved you don't need big names and big wallets to do well in the champ, i was also astounded to learn Lingard hasn't even been nominated for coach of the year!!!! 

Well done Batley, looking forward to a Kirklees derby in Super League next year 😉

• Haha 1

Really enjoyed that, first and foremost a very entertaining game. A special mention to the Fev fan who came over and shook my hand and wished us well for next week. Great RL club Featherstone, who will get their shot at SL eventually

• Like 4

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

May I just say to all with a pipedream that Batley will turn Leigh over next Sunday there will be more chance of Elvis Presley heading the bill later on in the same day on Sunday Night at the London Palladium. I have watched this Leigh team all season and this team in this division are as far ahead from the rest that the gulf is as wide as the Pennines.

I don't expect that Leigh will be as dominant on the scoreboard as they were three weeks ago v Batley but then again I doubt that the result of the game for Leigh will ever be in question.

But what is sport without hope!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I wouldn't.

But then, as I've posted before, I wouldn't randomly add two teams to SL anyway.

I'd be planning far longer in advance to expand SL, and there'd be criteria for teams to step up. If Featherstone met those criteria at the end of the assessment period - which would be at least three years - then good luck to them. But it wouldn't be guaranteed.

Of course you wouldn’t, it’s a club you dislike. It’s completely theoretical but Fev would be the next cab off the rank as it stands if in some fantasy land SL got expanded tomorrow. 

Just be happy at a good game and a result you wanted. Seems silly to celebrate by dragging people who might have made some SL structure suggestions 6 months ago. 

3736-mipm.gif

35 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Out of interest, does anybody know what the regulations say about a team winning promotion to SL, but then declining to accept it for pragmatic and practical reasons?

Happened when Dewsbury beat Leigh in the 1999 Northern Ford Premiership Grand Final, there was no promotion or relegation that year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You would have Toulouse plus one Fev offer no more or less than a Wakefield or Cas atm.

Yeah you’re right. Paris, Newcastle and Beirut in 14 team SL.

• Haha 1

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I’d probably be seething if it was anyone but Batley. A club and a bunch of supporters I have massive affection for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2