Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 16:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 15:30

15 minutes ago, binosh said:

Watching Batley celebrate tonight I fear they’ve already had their grand final. Mentally next week will be more of a challenge than physically.

Same was said after we celebrated after beating Barrow last week. Nothing wrong with enjoying a decent and unexpected win.

• Like 6

Definitely a bit disappointed , watched the game in the Centurion pub with a whole load of Leythers , yes we all cheered and laughed , but next week will be a bit of an anti climax , was looking forward to the big showdown with Fev 🙁

• Like 1

Batley are everybody's favourite away day , they are a top club having ###### on everybody's chips at some point , their chair Kevin is a top bloke , works tirelessly for them , they deserve their day next week and as usual will give their all 👏

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Of course you wouldn’t, it’s a club you dislike. It’s completely theoretical but Fev would be the next cab off the rank as it stands if in some fantasy land SL got expanded tomorrow. 

Just be happy at a good game and a result you wanted. Seems silly to celebrate by dragging people who might have made some SL structure suggestions 6 months ago. 

I don’t believe I’ve ever said I “don’t like” Featherstone.

I don’t think they are Super League ready, but that’s just an opinion. If they’d have won promotion then fair enough - I’d wish them well.

I was actually looking forward to a Leigh vs Fev 

Anyway, hopefully Featherstone can regroup, rebuild and go again in 2022, perhaps give Toulouse a fight.

Edited by paulwalker71
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I am glad you were looking forward to Leigh v Fev next week as a long time Fev supporter i wasn't.I think Batley will put up a better performance as they have more grit in the middle.However i fear for them on the edges as they are not very strong out wide in defence.

I've said they will put a better performance then us but having said that the lads did their best but it wasn't enough,we live to fight another season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

If the winners of the play-off game's ground doesn't meet the SL's standard (minimum 5000 capacity with 2000 seats undercover plus other bits and pieces) then the runners up are promoted - just looked it up.

So how did London get promoted after beating Toronto, if that was the case?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Year after year after year we hear it's so unfair Fev are not allowed into SL . Yet year after year after year they blow their chance of getting there. 

We have not been good enough to get promoted but at least we try to do it on the Field unlike Huddersfield And Hull FC who got in through the back door without earning it.Where would Wakey be now if they had lost the play off game against Fev for the right to be promoted?.They would have been in The Championship and like us would have had to do it on the field.That is when it was not a closed shop.How is your new stand coming along.We have built three since you last built one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic result for Batley, well done to them.

Imagine being Featherstone and bringing all those players in on full time contracts to be super league ready and not even making the final!

Can Batley really do it and win promotion?

It would absolutely unbelievable all the teeth gnashing on here about how little they bring etc would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Year after year after year we hear it's so unfair Fev are not allowed into SL . Yet year after year after year they blow their chance of getting there. 

And after all the years of SL existence, you still needed to borrow our training facilities.... pity the fool...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, doc said:

Sounds like Gilmore is bossing the game. Have Batley got him for next year? 

Asking for a Widnes fan.😁

Unfortunately for Widnes, there is a SL release clause in his contract, so he could decide to stay where he is. 🤣

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

So how did London get promoted after beating Toronto, if that was the case?

They had extra seats put in.

The standards are really very low these days.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Knew Batley were in with a shout when Craig Lingard in the pre match interview asked about team selection , explained even having one of his usual starting line up back from injury and up for selection , he chose not to play him as it would have not been right to drop one of the lads who had played thier hearts out the week before .

That's how to believe in the team you have , how to build loyalty and a desire to play for the rest of your mates and your club , all done with a big dollop of humility and hard graft , and boy did it show on the field 🙂

Edited by Rach
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

There's nothing unfair about it,not good enough again,good luck to Batley and hopefully goodbye to Brian.

9 hours ago, meast said:

Fantastic result for Batley, well done to them.

Imagine being Featherstone and bringing all those players in on full time contracts to be super league ready and not even making the final!

Can Batley really do it and win promotion?

It would absolutely unbelievable all the teeth gnashing on here about how little they bring etc would be fantastic.

Trust me we were never ready for SL with that defence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We have not been good enough to get promoted but at least we try to do it on the Field unlike Huddersfield And Hull FC who got in through the back door without earning it.Where would Wakey be now if they had lost the play off game against Fev for the right to be promoted?.They would have been in The Championship and like us would have had to do it on the field.That is when it was not a closed shop.How is your new stand coming along.We have built three since you last built one.

Wakey did it though as far as I remember.

So have Cas,Salford,Widnes,Leigh,London,Toronto,Tolouse, 

Keep building those stands because building a team to get promoted seems way beyond Fevs capabilities.

It all went wrong for Featherstone when McDermott shipped out Chisholm & Pickersgill.

At that point I believe the team stopped putting the extra heart into it.

Why didn’t he pick Bussey & Davies for that game they’re perfect players to counter Batleys type of forwards.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, binosh said:

It all went wrong for Featherstone when McDermott shipped out Chisholm & Pickersgill.

At that point I believe the team stopped putting the extra heart into it.

Why didn’t he pick Bussey & Davies for that game they’re perfect players to counter Batleys type of forwards.

I couldn't believe that J.D was not in the 17. John is a real workhorse in attack and defence.Dont know if Bussey is fully recovered from injury.I think he may have been saving him for next week.That was a good plan there is no next week,well done Batley on half our playing budget.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

There's nothing unfair about it,not good enough again,good luck to Batley and hopefully goodbye to Brian.

Brian can talk a good game just like his first mentor Nobby Noble, but when it comes to tactics have the big lads running at the opposition, if that fails have the big lads running at the opposition.

His successes came from having player's on the field that did the coaching for him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1