Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 16:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 15:30

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

JSL said it all for me. He rightly got hooked after thirty minutes. Fev get beat. JSL puts more effort in running around with kids in background whilst premier are interviewing BM. Even the kids were doing him on his inside shoulder.

Playing JSL when leaving out players like John Davies is a failure of BM though. The pack against Batley was full of either high impact battering ram players(Springer, Eseh) or aging players(Cuthbertson, JSL, Moors) with no work horses to pick up the slack. It was a poorly balanced squad. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

First Casual rest professional, will confess last one was 2016

Fair enough. IMHO it is without a doubt that he is not everyone’s cup of tea. I really do get why. But as we do in life I happen to know him well so perhaps I have to accept that I am coming from a different angle to others. A lot of what he does is a facade IMO an image that for some reason he feels that he needs to portray. It’s a difficult one for me and what hurts most is I know what a proud person he is. Things like served his country, did not play pro rugby until about 27 yrs of age and went on to represent GB. Always been prepared to do the hard yards in life and no real time for shirkers. By the way he won’t of changed since 2016 😂

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 19:59, Harry Stottle said:

May I just say to all with a pipedream that Batley will turn Leigh over next Sunday there will be more chance of Elvis Presley heading the bill later on in the same day on Sunday Night at the London Palladium. I have watched this Leigh team all season and this team in this division are as far ahead from the rest that the gulf is as wide as the Pennines.

I don't expect that Leigh will be as dominant on the scoreboard as they were three weeks ago v Batley but then again I doubt that the result of the game for Leigh will ever be in question.

But what is sport without hope!

Apparently Elvis will be performing both at HalfTime and after the match at the LSVImage

3 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Fair enough. IMHO it is without a doubt that he is not everyone’s cup of tea. I really do get why. But as we do in life I happen to know him well so perhaps I have to accept that I am coming from a different angle to others. A lot of what he does is a facade IMO an image that for some reason he feels that he needs to portray. It’s a difficult one for me and what hurts most is I know what a proud person he is. Things like served his country, did not play pro rugby until about 27 yrs of age and went on to represent GB. Always been prepared to do the hard yards in life and no real time for shirkers. By the way he won’t of changed since 2016 😂

I was aware of his past, and wish he could just be more approachable in what is an entertainment business 

As a friend make sure he is ok

On 27/09/2022 at 14:46, Tubby said:

Weren't Huddersfield given three years protection from relegation, regardless of who was in the division below and regardless of any critera?

And that did Huddersfield more harm than good?

No, the clubs who won the NFP didn't meet criteria for promotion.

It harmed us as we lost fans, sponsors and became a joke around the RL world and within our own town, we still are to a point, see all the digs on here for a start.

If it wasn't for Ken Davy and his family supporting us financially we would have really been in the mucky stuff.

On 27/09/2022 at 14:50, Harry Stottle said:

And you think that the NFP clubs not meeting criteria wasn't fabricated, if it was going to be a problem for the RFL/SL before clubs actually had gained promotion through the due process of winning their way to promotion then that should have been stipulated long before, it smelt disgusting then and the odour is still lingering in the air for some.

Hunslet and Dewsbury had in effect, 1 and 2 sides grounds they were never going to get into to SL.

Wakefield were allowed in based on false promises of a new/upgraded stadium.

Huddersfield were the first team to meet the criteria when we won promotion back in 2002.

On 27/09/2022 at 15:56, RoyBoy295 said:

And this is why they have never achieved anything.

It's also why we have never cheated the salary cap.

Never not paid our players or staff, never had to borrow or beg for money from the governing body and/or other clubs.

Yes we are lucky that we have Ken but he is frugal with his money unlike some chairman/owners etc.

We've done alright without having to resort to cheating 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

No, the clubs who won the NFP didn't meet criteria for promotion.

It harmed us as we lost fans, sponsors and became a joke around the RL world and within our own town, we still are to a point, see all the digs on here for a start.

If it wasn't for Ken Davy and his family supporting us financially we would have really been in the mucky stuff.

There's certainly some truth in that, and much of it entirely undeserved.  But comments like the one that elicited my original response certainly don't help the cause!

I must be remembering the licencing fiasco in 2008 (?) when a number of clubs failed to meet the minimum criteria, but some were placed in SL with a three year protectio nand some weren't.