Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 14:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 13:30

All the pressure and expectations on Leigh , York will go there , chuck it about again and have some fun , looking forward to it always a warm welcome and good banter with Leigh speccies , will miss em when they return to the big stage next season😀😀😀

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

All the pressure and expectations on Leigh , York will go there , chuck it about again and have some fun , looking forward to it always a warm welcome and good banter with Leigh speccies , will miss em when they return to the big stage next season😀😀😀

Can you imagine it if the same York team turn Leigh over after a 96 point turnover last month ?

Leigh will win but enjoy the ride and enjoy the game. I hope they really get stuck in and give us something to think about 👍

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Free swing for York. They’ll throw it about in the hope to take some energy out of Leigh’s forwards, and take any chances for two points that might come their way. If they can nudge themselves in front, or even stay within a score deep into the game then it’s anybodies game.

I hope Lam doesn’t persist with putting an extra back on the bench to accommodate either Reynolds or Charnley. Leigh should win, but they probably went into the play off game at home to Fev in 2019 thinking they should win. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

Free swing for York. They’ll throw it about in the hope to take some energy out of Leigh’s forwards, and take any chances for two points that might come their way. If they can nudge themselves in front, or even stay within a score deep into the game then it’s anybodies game.

I hope Lam doesn’t persist with putting an extra back on the bench to accommodate either Reynolds or Charnley. Leigh should win, but they probably went into the play off game at home to Fev in 2019 thinking they should win. 

30 to 40 points difference in the teams, have you been watching Leigh and when the opportunity arises on TV to see York, no discredit to York but the gulf between them is massive. He hopes!

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

30 to 40 points difference in the teams, have you been watching Leigh and when the opportunity arises on TV to see York, no discredit to York but the gulf between them is massive. He hopes!

Have watched Leigh this season. Have also watched Leigh for long enough to know to take nothing for granted 

22 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Have watched Leigh this season. Have also watched Leigh for long enough to know to take nothing for granted 

Aye me to Higgy since 1960, this team with their attitude, coaching and some of the individual player's is as good as I have ever seen in this division from any team and that is why I am totally convinced we will win comfortably on Sunday.

As much as I enjoyed York's win on Sunday and had full admiration how they played that game I cannot see them over coming Leigh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Aye me to Higgy since 1960, this team with their attitude, coaching and some of the individual player's is as good as I have ever seen in this division from any team and that is why I am totally convinced we will win comfortably on Sunday.

As much as I enjoyed York's win on Sunday and had full admiration how they played that game I cannot see them over coming Leigh.

Speaking to a few York fans after the game Sunday they were talking about it been their best performance of the season. In my view if Fax had of played like that against Leigh if we were to meet again then we would not have got within 50 of them and thats considering I thought we played pretty well over at Leigh and still got spanked. Its going to be another tough day for York Im afraid.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Speaking to a few York fans after the game Sunday they were talking about it been their best performance of the season. In my view if Fax had of played like that against Leigh if we were to meet again then we would not have got within 50 of them and thats considering I thought we played pretty well over at Leigh and still got spanked. Its going to be another tough day for York Im afraid.

Since we played Fax at the LSV Leigh have got better, I honestly can't say I have seen a team so together in the way they respond to each other the team spirit is fantastic, so when you put that together with super fitness, excellent coaching and tactics and some real quality individuals it is a very very good team.

What I have yet to see is how they respond in a tight contest.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

To put it into perspective  probably the best performance with the number of players missing through injury, and yes what's tougher than away at Leigh but were there and we'll have a dam good go and enjoy 😀😀😀

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

To put it into perspective  probably the best performance with the number of players missing through injury, and yes what's tougher than away at Leigh but were there and we'll have a dam good go and enjoy 😀😀😀

So how do you expect the team to line up next week, who will be coming back I know O'Hagan and Pauli were missing who else, seems a shame to drop anyone who played on Sunday though, how is Ellis?