Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 14:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 13:30

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So how do you expect the team to line up next week, who will be coming back I know O'Hagan and Pauli were missing who else, seems a shame to drop anyone who played on Sunday though, how is Ellis?

Too early to say , although Pauli is out for the season , Jamie's injury looked bad , the guys had it tough this year .

Edited by georgeb1
Incorrect word

50 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see Mr Beaumont is already inviting people as his guest on social media to attend the final at the LSV, make of that what you will!

Got to gamble in business , that's why degsy is where he is😀

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What a door handle he is.

Like you, me and everybody else he has an opinion has to how this match will go and his is one of confidence, if Leigh lose he will be how you describe him and some more, now I know bookies (Sky Bet) get some things wrong but they have Leigh at 1/9 on not just to beat York but also to win the Championship, incidentally Fev are 5/1 and Batley and York 40/1.

Where's your money Dav?

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like you, me and everybody else he has an opinion has to how this match will go and his is one of confidence, if Leigh lose he will be how you describe him and some more, now I know bookies (Sky Bet) get some things wrong but they have Leigh at 1/9 on not just to beat York but also to win the Championship, incidentally Fev are 5/1 and Batley and York 40/1.

Where's your money Dav?

No he’s as I say win or lose,the man is totally bereft of class & humility,which increasingly looks to have rubbed off on you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't be doing an Oxy Harry.  We don't want to be sending the samaritans out to check on you come Sunday night. 😜

Not being one for tempting fate David and you know how pessimistic I have been, my coin has flipped over and I am extremely confident of a victory on Sunday, I watched the game on Sunday- which was wonderful entertainment - but I did not see anything that has caused me any concern, even with them having a spy in the camp in Ata Hingano giving all our secrets away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not being one for tempting fate David and you know how pessimistic I have been, my coin has flipped over and I am extremely confident of a victory on Sunday, I watched the game on Sunday- which was wonderful entertainment - but I did not see anything that has caused me any concern, even with them having a spy in the camp in Ata Hingano giving all our secrets away.

*Bookmarked for potential Mickey taking on Sunday night

You're right to be confident of course, 999 times out of 1000 I'd put my mortgage on Leigh to win.  It's as close to a forgone conclusion as it's possible to get.

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

*Bookmarked for potential Mickey taking on Sunday night

You're right to be confident of course, 999 times out of 1000 I'd put my mortgage on Leigh to win.  It's as close to a forgone conclusion as it's possible to get.

And I would deserve the Mickey taking, but you wouldn't find me I will be gone - cue all those who now want Leigh to lose just for that reason alone🙄

As for the second paragraph be careful you will be classed as a "Door Handle" for being so confident.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

True, but in those 3-6 places anyone is capable of beating anyone. Considering the current aggregate score is 140-8, it would take one of the biggest upsets in rugby league history for York to get to the GF. 

Agreed but there is absolutely no chance of me having egg on my face

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Leigh by 20-30. Tight in the first half, pull away in the second.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see Mr Beaumont is already inviting people as his guest on social media to attend the final at the LSV, make of that what you will!

If he’s done that, without the usual caveats of ‘if we make it’ within the same statement, then he’s an idiot.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, phiggins said:

If he’s done that, without the usual caveats of ‘if we make it’ within the same statement, then he’s an idiot.

Try what he has actually said “I share the anxiety Jason. My finger nails and skin tell the story. It’s two big games and whilst I trust in our lads nothing is a given in sport as we all know. We are preparing meticulously for what’s left to be done of the challenge we set ourselves. Only time will tell” 

seems odd he can go that far off script unless it was taken out of context - have you got the quote Harryor is it another mate of a mate heard him at the miners on Sunday after the charity event

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Try what he has actually said “I share the anxiety Jason. My finger nails and skin tell the story. It’s two big games and whilst I trust in our lads nothing is a given in sport as we all know. We are preparing meticulously for what’s left to be done of the challenge we set ourselves. Only time will tell” 

seems odd he can go that far off script unless it was taken out of context - have you got the quote Harryor is it another mate of a mate heard him at the miners on Sunday after the charity event

No Sweaty it was a quote from social media, obviously they did not go as far as you have seen, I don't do social media so only saw the headlines.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No Sweaty it was a quote from social media, obviously they did not go as far as you have seen, I don't do social media so only saw the headlines.

Well he's not tweeted it, so unless there's something buried in FB comments, you've probably read a flawed headline.

I imagine Leigh, Fev and Batley will all have to make plans for a home GF, given it is a possibility just a week after the semi final, but to make any public offers before the semi final would be foolish.