Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 14:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 13:30

23 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't be doing an Oxy Harry.  We don't want to be sending the samaritans out to check on you come Sunday night. 😜

To be fair all week I had said it were a one off game and were not counting my chickens about beating York, although I did think we would given the 2 previous results, and that's why overall I was not too disappointed and can look back at the season and think we have had a good one.

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That won't make any difference to the outcome David. 

This. I honestly think Leigh could play this game with 12 players and still win they are that good.

21 hours ago, DEANO said:

You also thought fax would beat york

Why would I not? There was literally nothing in the first two games that suggested York were capable of beating us and people thinking York would win were few and far between so it's not like I were on my own but that's the great thing about sport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Why would I not? There was literally nothing in the first two games that suggested York were capable of beating us and people thinking York would win were few and far between so it's not like I were on my own but that's the great thing about sport.

That sounds very much like me Oxy, both of us can't be wrong.............can we?

2 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Anyone know any pubs in Central Leeds that might show this? Or down Kirkstall Road/Burley area. Cannot get to the game unfortunately. 

I think that there is going to a lot of people who are not attached to any of the four remaining teams that would have been interested in watching both the semi's and probably moreso the final, being on Premier Sports alone I should imagine it will be the least watched of any televised final.

Anyone know how many subscriptions Premier have sold, but I am sure someone said it is free on Virgin.

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think that there is going to a lot of people who are not attached to any of the four remaining teams that would have been interested in watching both the semi's and probably moreso the final, being on Premier Sports alone I should imagine it will be the least watched of any televised final.

Anyone know how many subscriptions Premier have sold, but I am sure someone said it is free on Virgin.

It's not free on virgin, although there is a channel called 'free sports' that's free on virgin, sky and free view that has ran full match repeats the following day from time to time.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No Sweaty it was a quote from social media, obviously they did not go as far as you have seen, I don't do social media so only saw the headlines.

Show the media you saw, mine were his actual words on SM- you are claiming a media headline and sticking it on here when all I have read from him was humility and caution - you are feeding the bottom dwellers.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Show the media you saw, mine were his actual words on SM- you are claiming a media headline and sticking it on here when all I have read from him was humility and caution - you are feeding the bottom dwellers.

I looked for it, it was one from Love Rugby League about him replying to some cage fighter, and it said "Mr Beaumont offered him to be his guest at the GF", also "feeding the bottom dwellers" lighten up Sweaty I knew it would drag a reaction from some certain posters.

40 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I looked for it, it was one from Love Rugby League about him replying to some cage fighter, and it said "Mr Beaumont offered him to be his guest at the GF", also "feeding the bottom dwellers" lighten up Sweaty I knew it would drag a reaction from some certain posters.

https://twitter.com/derek_beaumont/status/1571060172814188545?s=46&t=uaQBfq2DOTBXwcPa8YkVlA

there it is Harry 

BF4F2D37-8FBD-492F-90E8-DAABFA60EC03.jpeg

Edited by Olympus
Picture
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And what , who bloody cares , if we don't make the final , he won't be coming , get a life 

I don’t care, I’m a Leigh fan I don’t see how we could lose the semi, was replying with the post he said he couldn’t find 🤣

• Like 1

I know Fordy is cooking up another unorthodox game plan for this and that’s the best approach. York aren’t going to win this by just being tidy, completing, kicking to corners etc and have virtually no pressure or expectations. 

They are probably a 1 in 250 shot at beating Leigh but much stranger results have happened. This might sound daft but a really soft early score for Leigh would probably work in York’s favour with a chance of Leigh being complacent from there out.

let’s hope it’s a good competitive game.

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh
  • Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I know Fordy is cooking up another unorthodox game plan for this and that’s the best approach. York aren’t going to win this by just being tidy, completing, kicking to corners etc and have virtually no pressure or expectations. 

They are probably a 1 in 250 shot at beating Leigh but much stranger results have happened. This might sound daft but a really soft early score for Leigh would probably work in York’s favour with a chance of Leigh being complacent from there out.

Hi Tex, this Leigh team don't know the word complacent, they go has hard in the last minute as in the first.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Tex, this Leigh team don't know the word complacent, they go has hard in the last minute as in the first.

I appreciate that but they are human and they scored 100 points against this same team just a few weeks ago. If they score from the kick off say, they wouldn’t be human if they didn’t relax a little mentally.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If York can goad five or six Leigh players into throwing some punches in the first 5 mins, it could be a close game!

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

10 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Admire your optimism and a  competitive game would be good. Unlikely but good.

9 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I appreciate that but they are human and they scored 100 points against this same team just a few weeks ago. If they score from the kick off say, they wouldn’t be human if they didn’t relax a little mentally.

Well I haven't witnessed it yet this season Tex, - there could always be a first time - the best word I can come up with to describe them is relentless.

Edited by Harry Stottle