Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 14:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 13:30

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

From a Fev point of view, a walk in the park for Leigh is ideal.  Been a long time since you've had to grind out a win or had to deal with any sustained pressure. If Fev can manage to overturn the doggies AND then play to our potential in the final, we might just catch you unprepared.

Yes of course David, Leigh have not been challenged very much this season and that is perhaps why the team play with such an intensity and never slow down throughout each game, they are infact challenging themselves in the absence of their opponents challenging them, for different reasons they have to maintain that in the next 2 games, I wouldn't  be surprised if it is a big score again tommorow.

I doubt that Leigh will not be prepared both for and in the final it is not in the make up of these player's, if anyone does beat Leigh they will have won it otger than Leigh losing it, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes of course David, Leigh have not been challenged very much this season and that is perhaps why the team play with such an intensity and never slow down throughout each game, they are infact challenging themselves in the absence of their opponents challenging them, for different reasons they have to maintain that in the next 2 games, I wouldn't  be surprised if it is a big score again tommorow.

I doubt that Leigh will not be prepared both for and in the final it is not in the make up of these player's, if anyone does beat Leigh they will have won it otger than Leigh losing it, if that makes sense.

If I was a Leigh fan, what would worry me is something like defending 3-4 back to back sets.  You can probably count on one hand the number of times you've had to do that this year.  If a team can get up there and in their faces like that, you're bound to be rusty dealing with it, it's not something you can really adequately practise in training.

Of course that assumes that you haven't already been down the other end and got a score Lancashire CCC would be happy with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

If I was a Leigh fan, what would worry me is something like defending 3-4 back to back sets.  You can probably count on one hand the number of times you've had to do that this year.  If a team can get up there and in their faces like that, you're bound to be rusty dealing with it, it's not something you can really adequately practise in training.

Of course that assumes that you haven't already been down the other end and got a score Lancashire CCC would be happy with.

Yes that is my worry also, I cannot recall letting in any tries with our opponents camped in our own 20 though, when we have been scored against they seem to be from a distance.

20 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

3-4 back to backs, so how do you get that many against a disciplined team?? and how do you get enough in a game to dent the under 2 try's conceded per game?

Our only issue will be a poor ref who allows niggle to disrupt the game, slowing it down and creating a stop/start borefest. Thats McD's gameplan written for you

46 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

3-4 back to backs, so how do you get that many against a disciplined team?? and how do you get enough in a game to dent the under 2 try's conceded per game?

Our only issue will be a poor ref who allows niggle to disrupt the game, slowing it down and creating a stop/start borefest. Thats McD's gameplan written for you

Thaler or Hicks please, but it will be Kendall, Moore or Child.

Has for today's game at Leigh, going to break a habit of pub then match then pub and go in the car so I get get home sharpish to watch Fev/Batley hopefully it may prove to be a better contest than the one I am expecting at the LSV given the team that York are having to field.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

That's my point Sweaty.  You haven't been under that kind of pressure much, you've no idea how your discipline will hold.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

People maybe saving cash for game that isnt a walkover. I don’t blame York fans for not paying to watch a foregone conclusion, I have watched enough. Another benefit of 14 team SL is we wouldn’t have one team buying the Champ every year. Hope Fev vs Batley is a better watch. 

OK 👍,  it SHOULD be better then this and a lot closer.

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

You are obsessed with crowd figure's give it a rest, there's a RESSION on,RL/ sport won't be top of many people's to do list!!!

It will next week if your lot win today. That end will be rammed. 

All of a sudden people will find 25 quid from no where. 

Over 3.5k at Barrow last week. Must be no recession in  cumbria

Recessions must only effect RL fans other sports are still getting packed houses across the country

Edited by Ragingbull

5 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

It will next week if your lot win today. That end will be rammed. 

All of a sudden people will find 25 quid from no where. 

Over 3.5k at Barrow last week. Must be no recession in  cumbria

Recessions must only effect RL fans other sports are still getting packed houses across the country

Not all sports are rammed, people find the money for Premiership because that's what they do ( but what do some go without?) Season tickets bought months ago play a part as well. 

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Think Premier Sport might be having a word going forward about competitiveness of this division if they are to keep showing it.

It's only really when teams play Leigh it produces huge blowouts. Been some decent games this season.

• Like 1