Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

I think Saints will continue in their current 'unsaintly' way of playing and bulldoze Leeds by 3 x falls, 1 x submission, an obstruction and countless 'in your face mistake celebrations'. (And daresay they"ll be having  chickenwing and chips after the game)

Seriously though, whatever happened to the free flowing style of play that so epitimised St Helens?   Answers on a postcard to Mick Mamus at The 'Absolutely Wicked' stadium.

Wolf is a wolf in wolf's clothing and me no likey.  Glad he's going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

First big hurdle for both is the results of the disciplinary this evening. I didn’t see the Leeds game so cannot comment on whether they may have anyone unavailable but Saints will almost certainly be without Morgan Knowles and if some people are to be believed, Jack Welsby. 

7.30pm for those interested. 

leeds have done it the hard way and won every game by a fair margin. Saints on the other hand were lucky to scrape through against Salford. I also agree with Pete there is something grubby and shithousary about this Saints team under Wolf. So I will be hoping for a Leeds  win and as a Wakey fan that takes some doing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I said years ago before a grand final Saints had gone 20 something games won Saints great side they cant go on winning in perpetuity this could be the game they will lose and they did. Well Leeds cant go on winning grand finals against Saints.  No predictions let's see 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Morgan Knowles banned for two games, though Saints are appealing for some strange reason. We’ve got that one wrong and he should get a third for a frivolous appeal. Nothing for Welsby, though it was a Grade A. Thankfully they saw it as it was, a good tackle with the attacker dipping. 

• Like 1

Bell to 13 for us then I'm guessing. Not sure if Hopoate will be fit, presumably in at fullback if he is with Bennison moving to wing, Percival to centre and Mata'utia in the second row. Same as the Salford game otherwise.

Looking forward to it, nicely poised to be a close tough game which could go either way.

2 hours ago, paul hicks said:

not a clue who will win but the longer it goes as a tight game the bigger the chance of a leeds win.

going for the underdog so help me out Leeds as the only playoff prediction i got wrong was Salford v st chicken wing  helens.

Oddly, I think the opposite. A close 'grind' of a game I think Saints win.

Can’t wait.

All noises suggest Hopoate back so we’ll have some ball players across the spine in Hoppa, Welsby, Lomax, Roby which will help - we’ve looked more dangerous with Hopoate at FB.

Knowles is a miss but we’re blessed in the back row.  The big call will be whether to play Bennison wing or stick with Percy on the wing with Sione centre and Bennison may then miss out.  I’d go the former:

hopoate, makinson, Hurrell, Percival, bennison

Welsby, lomax

lees, Roby, paasi

sione, Batchelor, bell

Wingfield, LMS, Lussick, sironen

Edited by FearTheVee

38 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Morgan Knowles banned for two games, though Saints are appealing for some strange reason. We’ve got that one wrong and he should get a third for a frivolous appeal. Nothing for Welsby, though it was a Grade A. Thankfully they saw it as it was, a good tackle with the attacker dipping. 

They appeal because it doesn’t matter to them the RFL will be banning him for England games so it’s worth a stab. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Moove said:

Bell to 13 for us then I'm guessing. Not sure if Hopoate will be fit, presumably in at fullback if he is with Bennison moving to wing, Percival to centre and Mata'utia in the second row. Same as the Salford game otherwise.

Looking forward to it, nicely poised to be a close tough game which could go either way.

Percival won’t move from the wing unless there is an injury a centre. 

31 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Percival won’t move from the wing unless there is an injury a centre. 

Hopoate to centre inside Percival? Would be a big call to give Bennison the fullback gig in a Grand Final but a shame to drop him altogether. All moot if Hopoate doesn't make it of course.

Just now, Moove said:

Hopoate to centre inside Percival? Would be a big call to give Bennison the fullback gig in a Grand Final but a shame to drop him altogether. All moot if Hopoate doesn't make it of course.

I’m guessing if Hopoate comes in it will be for Bennison. It’s a tough world professional sport. 

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

Just to add we don’t know what changes Knowles ban brings. Maybe Matautia to loose Percival to centre and Hopoate on the wing. Leave Bennison where he is. 

Saints to score 42 in a Grand Final......oh really CW25?

Wasn't CW the thick one who shopped Bonnie and Clyde, when aged about 25?

Dear me.

Edited by Pete Grady

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

I've gone for St Helens 7-12, but if I am honest, the way Leeds have turned around their season, ANYTHING is possible. Leeds have been underdogs away at Catalans and again away at Wigan, so they are certainly in a rich vein of form, but I just think this St Helens side have too much for them. I can't wait, because hopefully it's going to be an epic final (and convince C4 that they need to show it on FTA in future years)......