Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Following tweets about how bad the disciplinary is, Ryan Bailey now hopes that there is a “bit of biff” in the final that the officials just let go. He never struck me as the smartest human being about but he’s really, really thick, isn’t he?

On a par with Jamie Foster

On 21/09/2022 at 19:49, Loiner said:

If Saints had one iota of decency they should drop Knowles and let Bennison play. The kid has had his chance taken away by the clowns at the RFL. Feel sorry for the lad if this happens.

If Leeds had one iota of decency they’d drop the drunken criminal Hardaker and the scummy wife Beater Tetevano and let 2 decent honest lads play. These 2 young lads have had their chance taken away by 2 filthy scummy human beings 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

19 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

If Leeds had one iota of decency they’d drop the drunken criminal Hardaker and the scummy wife Beater Tetevano and let 2 decent honest lads play. These 2 young lads have had their chance taken away by 2 filthy scummy human beings 😁

Totally agree with you 

On 21/09/2022 at 19:13, GeordieSaint said:

Saints have sold out their initial allocation and have a few more from the RFL.

Haven’t seen the top tier of the West Stand open though. Still a quite a few available on the RFL website. I’m going for a 60-65k attendance.

Saints have sold out 

ain't THAT the truth.

I hope they get the defeat they so rightly deserve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Saints have sold out 

ain't THAT the truth.

I hope they get the defeat they so rightly deserve. 

I have tried to buy tickets today

4 infact as i decided to treat some family

I cant seem to get any tickets

Petty post alert.

Not really anything to do with the match,  but something I am finding really cringey is Barrie McDermott referring to this game as the Big Dance for the last two or three years.  He keeps saying things like,  "the event we refer to as the Big Dance".  No,  we don't Barrie. 

However SL have started to do this now and it just doesn't make sense.  It's not terminology anyone really knows about,  unless you go and do a Google search and find it is some weird reference to a basketball coach or something from years back. 

SL social media has Big Dance Bingo on there right now. Wtf? 

18 minutes ago, The storm said:

Even though there's thousands of unsold tickets and the other day they'd started with the every other row thing, for reasons known only to themselves tickets have gone off sale this morning.

Just now, The Ghost of 99 said:

Even though there's thousands of unsold tickets and the other day they'd started with the every other row thing, for reasons known only to themselves tickets have gone off sale this morning.

I think you can probably buy at the stadium,  but you'd think that would be highlighted when you press the 'Buy tickets'  button on the SL website instead of it taking you to a ticket page with no mention of the event they have just told you you can buy tickets for. 

Real basic stuff. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Petty post alert.

Not really anything to do with the match,  but something I am finding really cringey is Barrie McDermott referring to this game as the Big Dance for the last two or three years.  He keeps saying things like,  "the event we refer to as the Big Dance".  No,  we don't Barrie. 

However SL have started to do this now and it just doesn't make sense.  It's not terminology anyone really knows about,  unless you go and do a Google search and find it is some weird reference to a basketball coach or something from years back. 

Foodbanks are now being referred to as community hubs..... Its much more friendly on the ear. 

Crisis....... What crisis

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The storm said:

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone, or they'll all not want to get tickets. 😀😀😀😀😀

By the way, my reference to "sold out" was a reflection on Saints continuing lack of moral fibre  👍👍👍

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jughead said:

I don’t know if I’ve missed it amongst all the stuff that’s gone on this week but is there a live band on or is it just the Radio Six presenter?

Ooo a Radio Six presenter i didn’t know that, we might get a bit of alternative music played, id like that. 

23 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds really are the good guys in this and will carry ALL neutral support in and out of the stadium 

Can they overcome the adversity they have faced and achieve the miracle win. If they do it'll be the greatest SL title win of all the 25 so far 

Will Leeds sit back and absorb  ...trusting their line defence again....it certainly conserved energy compared to quick line speed last week. I think if they can keep Wigan out then they keep Saints out at least to an extent. 

I believe the planet's are aligning and it's their destiny this year .....Leeds by a drop goal or penalty in a low scoring game 

Hardaker gets the HS trophy for creating all 3 Leeds tries through line breaks / offloads 

One sleep to go!!!

If the neutral fans want Leeds to win how can they be neutral ?. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JohnM said:

Neutrality does not mean you can't be on the side of decency, honesty and morality. 

Wigan know all about morality don’t they. I remember when Flower punched an already unconscious Ohaia whist he was on the floor. Then according to Wane they were the moral victors on the day. Funny old world. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Petty post alert.

It's an NRL term, they've been using it over there for a decade or so. With that said, I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, V02 said:

It's an NRL term, they've been using it over there for a decade or so. With that said, I agree with you.

I haven't really heard it around the NRL,  but I dont watch any discussion stuff as obvious y Sky cut it off. 

On wiki I saw that Aussies used the term,  it explicitly called out AFL,  but I see NRL use it. 

But there is literally no reason for us to use this nonsense term,  Aussies are far closer to US popular culture than us I find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Radio SIX ?! I didn't know there was one 😳 😅 

When i get chance to listen to 6 Music i only listen to Steve Lamacq, Marc Riley, Gideon Coe. I don’t bother with the stuff before it and i give the weekend a big wide berth with all that dance, rap, soul, deep house, soulful house, Italian Speedcore, stuff with Craig Charles.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

One bitter Bulls fan by sound of that lol 😆 

Not really mate, would you want Cas to win if they were playing tonight? 

Do you think all the Wigan fans will be cheering for Saints. 

Do you know what a local rivalry is? 

Edited by Ragingbull

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Not really mate, would you want Cas to win if they were playing tonight? 

Do you think all the Wigan fans will be cheering for Saints. 

Do you know what a local rivalry is? 

After Hull KR, Leeds are the team I dislike the most.

However, after the disgrace of the RFL disciplinary this week, I’ll be rooting for them later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)