Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

13 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Any idea of what the crowd looks like only around the 3rd SLGF i have missed as here in Spain at present.

Paul

I'd expect low 60s. 

We can't underestimate how tough things are and that will affect neutrals. Saints crowd looks way down too, that's a result of going every year making it less of a 'must attend'. 

Unusually, a lot of premium seats facing cameras empty. 

But it sounds great, and it'll still be over 60k I'd expect. 

• Like 1

On another thread, one of our Australian friends was telling us that Samoa will play the game too quickly for England.

Absolute nonsense.  This game is 100 miles an hour.

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Lomax looks up for this. 

O'connor says he is "a big key indicator" whatever that means. 

It's like a normal key indicator.  But a big one.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Not really mate, would you want Cas to win if they were playing tonight? 

Do you think all the Wigan fans will be cheering for Saints. 

Do you know what a local rivalry is? 

I do, Northern, Bulls, and everything associated with them is cow ordure. They bought their "success" with money they didn't have, they tried to undermine other professional clubs  closest to them, they fleeced their own supporters, and those of other teams when they held out the begging bowl.

Guess who I support. 

• Confused 1

Leeds look very slumbersome.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Good rugby here by Saints. Playing very wide of the ruck and Leeds can’t cope.

The distribution from Roby is absolutely impeccable and allows Saints to play at speed wide of the ruck.  His long passes are absolutely bullet like and inch perfect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDR said:

Saints are excellent - I don’t thing Leeds are doing much wrong.

Well, besides two puddings not expecting a pass when in prime position.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, JDR said:

Saints are excellent - I don’t thing Leeds are doing much wrong.

Saints are playing very well, but Leeds' errors and penalties are certainly wrong. They aren't good enough to capitalise on Saints penalties, whereas give Saints a lift up field, they'll punish you. 

• Like 1