Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Martin's actions lifted him and dumped him. The only thing that stopped that being worse was Lomax putting his arm down. 

Absolutely illegal. And rightly so. 

Martin's action was to tackle in a copy book manner, the risk of serious injury in this type of tackle is far less than in a lot of the chest/head swings that result in HIA assessments. You obviously disagree, but this type of tackle is without intent to injure, unlike the wild swings, or chicken wings, so to me is part of the game. 

• Like 2

There is no doubt that St Helens achievement in winning so many GFs consecutively something really special in our game.

They have the speed, power, intensity, physicality that England must display if we are to beat teams like Australia.

That does not mean to say I must like St Helens, though.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

What was the ankle twist by Austin, I don't remember seeing it but just got a message of a mate to say he was lucky to get away with it.

On Lomax in the first half. Wasn’t seen by the Match Officials & not replayed by Sky

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RSN said:

James Roby seems to be absolutely everywhere, his fitness levels at his age are an absolute joke.

Especially when you think back to him almost having to pack in due to injuries. 

That's a great kick, easy to hit it too hard in that situation in a final.

• Like 1

What about the crossing before he kicked it?

• Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Martin's action was to tackle in a copy book manner, the risk of serious injury in this type of tackle is far less than in a lot of the chest/head swings that result in HIA assessments. You obviously disagree, but this type of tackle is without intent to injure, unlike the wild swings, or chicken wings, so to me is part of the game. 

He intentionally lifted the player off the ground. 

• Like 4

4 in a row, and multiple LLSs. And that’s with a fair amount of injuries this year. Coming into the season I couldn’t see any reason to think we’d see new champions before 2024, and that’s certainly the way it’s looking. Great for Saints, worrying times for non Saints fans. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, johnh1 said:

Salford had a try disallowed for that last week. Would have put us in front. All depends which team is doing the obstruction.

I feel like if the Leeds players had thrown their arms up it would have been spotted. 

Hardaker has had a class game for Leeds, and Bentley has stood up again. Sutcliffe has had the ball in space a few times and Saints are happy to watch him as he is ######.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Liam Moore has been on screen a lot.  I am sure he is pleased he got a fresh wax especially for the big game.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris