Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

Just now, gingerjon said:

Amateur.

This is what Sky Record is for.

I know.  I'm an idiot.  Count the empty seats first, watch the game later.

I can't believe I made a schoolboy mistake.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, faithfulbyname said:

Over 10,000 empty seats..😀

Thank you for counting them. If it hadn’t been for you & others on this thread I would never have noticed as I was watching a really good game of RL which seemed to have a fantastic atmosphere 

• Like 5

On 19/09/2022 at 17:14, Jughead said:

First big hurdle for both is the results of the disciplinary this evening. I didn’t see the Leeds game so cannot comment on whether they may have anyone unavailable but Saints will almost certainly be without Morgan Knowles and if some people are to be believed, Jack Welsby. 

7.30pm for those interested. 

How wrong you were - all got to play and continue in the same style of play! When not penalised for professional fouls they think they are untouchable and this proved it tonight! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dunbar said:

I know.  I'm an idiot.  Count the empty seats first, watch the game later.

I can't believe I made a schoolboy mistake.

Sort your priorities our pal, call yourself an RL fan, always put misery and gloom first.

• Like 3

Congratulations to St Helens.

And well done Leeds on turning around their season.

That was a fantastic game of rugby.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Congratulations to Saints, they were excellent tonight. A champion team and deserved winners. I thought that last week they had lifted several levels,  compared to how they have played the last couple of months, and tonight they lifted several more.

Leeds dug in and in some respects did really well just to finish just 12 points down. They can take a lot from that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Sounded good, there is a full replay next Saturday on Channel 4 at 11.30am apparently. Unfortunately for me I won't be able to watch it though.

Well done St Helens.

BBC highlights tonight at 10:50pm.

Next Saturday at 1:05pm on Channel 4 - Super League Grand Final Uncovered. Adam Hill goes behind the scenes at the GF. Should be worth a watch.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Thank you for counting them. If it hadn’t been for you & others on this thread I would never have noticed as I was watching a really good game of RL which seemed to have a fantastic atmosphere 

I certainly sounded 85% of full capacity ...

Andrew Henderson was shouting at a slightly reduced volume.

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Anyone but Saints next year but I don’t see it. The year is 2059 and after the Third World War the reanimated spirit of Roby decides he wants one more year.

Roby must have a serious high tolerance to pain! I struggle for days after a 30 mile bike ride never mind 80mins of rugby.

3 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I certainly sounded 85% of full capacity ...

Had a few pints.  85% of capacity?

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RhinosHopeful said:

Both sides gave it all. Good final. Best team on the night and over the course of the season won but let's not get carried away with this best super league team ever nonsense. Not even the best saints team

Saint have won 4 in a row 🙌

• Haha 1