Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

Just now, Dunbar said:

I'm really struggling to understand how you draw negatives from that.  There was plenty of English talent on that pitch and some of them the best players who broke the game open.  Welsby and Lomax in particular. 

That doesn't mean they're either that good, or being picked by Wane.

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm really struggling to understand how you draw negatives from that.  There was plenty of English talent on that pitch and some of them the best players who broke the game open.  Welsby and Lomax in particular. 

I really think the performances of many of the England players were excellant and have greatly boosted my hopes comes world cup time. Saints played at a pace as close to international level as you can get and the English players were pivotal. 

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Lees, no chance, Knowles might make the bench, Makinson and Percival, squad-ish Lomax, Really? 

Welsby may get in as a squad player too. 

Is this a wind up? Lomax and Welsby start. This is bonkers.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Judging by the sparsity of one section of the ground tonight, neither will St Helens

Never mind, you just wallow in your misery while the rest of us enjoy an outstanding grand final.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That doesn't mean they're either that good, or being picked by Wane.

OK.  Happy to have a conversation about the England squad on the correct threads.

Again though, I cannot see how anyone can watch that game and come to the conclusion England are worse off than when it kicked off.

I thought it was faster and just as intense as the NRL games this weekend and there was nothing the best players over there did that Lomax, Welsby, Makinson etc. didn't do tonight. 

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Nate90 said:

We'll never attract new people to our sport if St Helens keeps winning

It's up to other teams to step up to that level. I thought mine were getting there but didn't show up last week. That ability to turn it on when it matters sets Saints apart.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

You've only posted 3 times about how great your team is in the last 20 minutes fella, I think you need to tell us a couple more times.😂

Sky told us 1,000 times that this was the greatest group of sportsmen and the greatest club in human history, so if anything telling us how brilliant they are 4 times in 20 minutes is damning them with faint praise.  Sadler wrote an article last year about them having the best board, the best commercial set up, the best coach, the best juniors and the best recruitment. It is an absolutely damning indictment on the rest of what is supposed to be a salary capped “level playing field” sport for them to be so far above everyone else. But, to the victor the spoils, and so there’s no arguing with any Saints fan who wants to tell us how good they are in everything they do. 

I can’t see any other winner next year, but now my heart issues have hopefully been sorted out, I have high hopes I will see the day I see someone else win a GF again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Saints fans were saying theyd sold out on twitter, was half empty on the top tier

Certainly a lot of Saints fans in this pub in Warrington, very odd mentality.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.