Leigh in the semi

georgeb1

14 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Good to see coach travel available at a respectable 15 quid , after fax away who knows , but it should be fun and that's all that matters , up the fantastic kneets.😀😀😀

No chance of winning ( far above everyone in Championship) but at start of season you would have taken being in semi final. York have had a great season along with Barra,Fax and Batley ( who haven't finished yet). All done well to compete with Leigh and Fev's budget's.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

No one expected us to beat Fax, so we have nothing to lose and all to play for, just hope it's not another blow out

Leigh and Fax are a different beast,we can't beat em since beginning of season lol.

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

No one expected us to beat Fax, so we have nothing to lose and all to play for, just hope it's not another blow out

Hopefully a lot closer but if not it will just prove again how far in front they are.

There’s very little pressure on York, just go out there, move the ball about and give it your all.

Leigh should win, and should win comfortably, I expect Leigh to win by 50/60 points. They’ve probably been the best side in the championship for many years but we’ve seen much fancied teams lose before in sudden death RL - London at Toronto, Rochdale at Toulouse (2016 L1 final), Sheffield vs Wigan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

There’s very little pressure on York, just go out there, move the ball about and give it your all.

Leigh should win, and should win comfortably, I expect Leigh to win by 50/60 points. They’ve probably been the best side in the championship for many years but we’ve seen much fancied teams lose before in sudden death RL - London at Toronto, Rochdale at Toulouse (2016 L1 final), Sheffield vs Wigan.

Fev v Hull 83

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

We were there at Wembley. Our York lad Steve Quinn kicked the winning goal.

Yeah the only lad who wasn't local ( them wa the days lol),great bloke  Steve,named my Son after him and he laughed when i  told him,very humble bloke. Passed away too young.

• Like 2

Just now, Fevrover said:

Yeah the only lad who wasn't local ( them wa the days lol),great bloke  Steve,named my Son after him and he laughed when i  told him,very humble bloke. Passed away too young.

Just now, Fevrover said:

We named our eldest after Steve Quinn as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

A slightly different tack.

What year was it when York beat the New Zealanders at Clarence St. with half of our "A" team in?

Early 70s, if I remember we beat Leigh away 2 days before the Kiwi game, Keith Gullen was the fullback.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

A slightly different tack.

What year was it when York beat the New Zealanders at Clarence St. with half of our "A" team in?

Oct 31st 1971 York W.  11-5.  New Zealand.  York.  2,803

• Thanks 3