Leigh in the semi

georgeb1

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

If it wasn't tough enough already 

Yeah but got to take the positives out of it,yer in the SEMI FINAL a few more teams wish they were. Apart from that i  can't think of any. Be interesting how they get on in SL next season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah but got to take the positives out of it,yer in the SEMI FINAL a few more teams wish they were. Apart from that i  can't think of any. Be interesting how they get on in SL next season.

They'll be fine , it's us that will be much stronger in the championship next season , Toulouse , fev etc beware😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

I really don't understand it, every time we sign one of this year's squad, everyone applauds. If we are to improve the side we need to bring better talent into the side, not the same players who have spent half this season injured.

Valid point,but I am sure others won't agree. With all respect to the lads today it was never going to be an easy game.Enjoy your off season and those players that are coming back next season I hope you get a bit of a rest

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

I really don't understand it, every time we sign one of this year's squad, everyone applauds. If we are to improve the side we need to bring better talent into the side, not the same players who have spent half this season injured.

I’ve thought this but didn’t wanna say anything incase I got absolutely lambasted for it.

No point analysing todays game too much but for me, Ogden offers absolutely nothing I’m afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acasterknight said:

You should check players stats before making statements like that.

• Like 2

Unless we find an arab sheikh to fund us it'll be evolution not revolution. I'm sure there will be changes though. Blooming hope so anyway 😆

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

You should check players stats before making statements like that

I don't need to check players stats to know that O'Hagan, PP and Ogden have not played more than half the games. Next season will be an important one as we will know the league structure for 2024, we have to do well or we may just go to the wall, like so many teams will, unfortunately.

Watched the game in the tavern. Immensely proud of the lads. Could of completely rolled over but kept trying to the very end against a full time side who wouldn’t look out of place in super greed or the nrl against a patched up York side including a couple of kids

• Like 5

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

I don't need to check players stats to know that O'Hagan, PP and Ogden have not played more than half the games. Next season will be an important one as we will know the league structure for 2024, we have to do well or we may just go to the wall, like so many teams will, unfortunately.

Don’t forget fev spend heavily for what

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Don’t forget fev spend heavily for what

I am not saying spend heavily, I am saying spend prudently. Jacob Ogden offers nothing to the side and we have him for another season. Sam Davis didn't get a chance and was shipped off to London, where he was so bad they give him a contract.

Think it depends how we approach the game plan next year. Play like we did at Halifax and some of the initiative we showed today and we should be ok. Go back to 5 drives and a punt and we won't have learned anything. 

• Like 5