Hull FC v Wigan 1902/03 season...

I hope you lot are able to watch this, it's astonishing...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=345795530656776

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Let's just pre-empt those who use the TRL social media site to declaim that they don't do social media, or those who don't have a Facebook account.

You can still click on OF's link and watch the video without signing up to anything.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If there was a tad more definition, you would be able to lip-read the older fans moaning about how the game's gone downhill since 1895, and that's them done with RL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Has the sailor in the crowd near the end of the video just walked straight off his ship to watch the game?

Threepenny stand looks just like it did in the 1980's.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Is the bloke at the end walking on with a Papa John's? 🤐

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ta OF, nice one.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 20/09/2022 at 19:45, Old Frightful said:

Has the sailor in the crowd near the end of the video just walked straight off his ship to watch the game?

Threepenny stand looks just like it did in the 1980's.

I know one old trawlerman who used to do exactly that if the skipper got them back to Hull in time. I'll bet he wasn't the only one either.

The only bit of the ground that looks any different is the "Best" Stand. I think the Luftwaffe's urban clearance programme had something to do with that.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 20/09/2022 at 19:13, Old Frightful said:

I hope you lot are able to watch this, it's astonishing...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=345795530656776

Thanks for sharing that, OF - a great piece of film.

I wonder when women started attending games in any significant numbers.  As far as I could see, the crowd shot in that clip consisted exclusively of men.

27 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for sharing that, OF - a great piece of film.

I wonder when women started attending games in any significant numbers.  As far as I could see, the crowd shot in that clip consisted exclusively of men.

I imagine it was in the years after 1918. The war and then suffrage changed a lot of perceptions about what women should and should not do socially.