Bevan French

Damien

On 22/09/2022 at 09:21, sweaty craiq said:

I was aware of our offer, which was substantial enough to get the Wigan management whingeing, but my comment is valid - Wiggin havent been making profits and whatever extra he has got will have to come from somewhere - which will be the kids who are now rightfully demanding to be paid for the adult job they now do. So the stupidity of the cap could end up losing the best producer of young talent the talent it has worked hard to create - McConnell already gone to Leeds and I would love to see Halsall and O'Brien at Leigh when the bidding starts.

Is anybody making profits?! Leigh aren’t spending big, Derek Is spending big and covering the losses, just as Lenagan will do for us. You say it’ll come from the kids as though we’re famed for cutting them all loose and then relying on signings coming in to the club. We can’t keep them all when it comes to the juniors. Ultimately we just produce too many. The skill is then to keep the right ones and I think we’ve been pretty good at that. 

If we go through the players you mention-McDonnell can’t get a game because of KPP, Faz and Bateman and turned down Wigans offer because he is worried about game time. Halsall I feel has been harshly treated this season but Peet must have his reasons for seemingly not trusting him. I presume you mean O’Neill and not O’Brien but he shouldn’t be up for grabs anytime soon. I say you can’t keep them all but that means lads who have players better then they are in their position. That stands for Partington and McDonnell but not for Brad O’Neill. He’s a superb talent and is pushing hard for a regular place. 

• Like 2

On 20/09/2022 at 20:54, sweaty craiq said:

he is a bloke who gets people off seats

On 20/09/2022 at 21:20, Futtocks said:

he's a proper bums-on-seats player 

So...which is he then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, WN83 said:

Is anybody making profits?! Leigh aren’t spending big, Derek Is spending big and covering the losses, just as Lenagan will do for us. You say it’ll come from the kids as though we’re famed for cutting them all loose and then relying on signings coming in to the club. We can’t keep them all when it comes to the juniors. Ultimately we just produce too many. The skill is then to keep the right ones and I think we’ve been pretty good at that. 

If we go through the players you mention-McDonnell can’t get a game because of KPP, Faz and Bateman and turned down Wigans offer because he is worried about game time. Halsall I feel has been harshly treated this season but Peet must have his reasons for seemingly not trusting him. I presume you mean O’Neill and not O’Brien but he shouldn’t be up for grabs anytime soon. I say you can’t keep them all but that means lads who have players better then they are in their position. That stands for Partington and McDonnell but not for Brad O’Neill. He’s a superb talent and is pushing hard for a regular place. 

Saints and Leeds don’t seem to be paying crazy money to imports, and seem more capable of keeping the kids

From what I can see Leigh made a profit from season 2017-2020, I can’t see 2021 or 2022 being that way but we didn’t take the covid loan, indeed 2020 showed us with £500k cash in bank

Edited by sweaty craiq
  • Haha 1

On 21/09/2022 at 12:44, Harry Stottle said:

The rumour in Leigh was the offer given to French was 7 figures for 3 years, sponsored by a certain race horse owner.

As for Wire I doubt that William's was on more than Widdup.

Was that rumour as strong as the one about him joining Leigh?

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Saints and Leeds don’t seem to be paying crazy money to imports, and seem more capable of keeping the kids

From what I can see Leigh made a profit from season 2017-2020, I can’t see 2021 or 2022 being that way but we didn’t take the covid loan, indeed 2020 showed us with £500k cash in bank

From what you can see where exactly in the accounts? The Leigh accounts certainly don't show they made a profit from 2017-2020. They do say that the director has elected not to include a copy of the profit and loss account.

Leigh's accounts are full of mentions of receiving loans from AB Sundecks Limited and that in order to continue trading they are reliant upon the support of its director. Nothing wrong with that of course, as long as he sticks around, but it's not exactly the picture you are making out.

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

From what you can see where exactly in the accounts? The Leigh accounts certainly don't show they made a profit from 2017-2020. They do say that the director has elected not to include a copy of the profit and loss account.

Leigh's accounts are full of mentions of receiving loans from AB Sundecks Limited and that in order to continue trading they are reliant upon the support of its director. Nothing wrong with that of course, as long as he sticks around, but it's not exactly the picture you are making out.

OK cash reserves and equity very positive until the 2021 season dug into them - as I stated equity moved from a negative £1.9m to a positive £160k during this period. 2021 and this year will have the opposite effect.

Wigans net worth is negative £5.9m in 2020 and I cant find 2021 results as a comparative 

Edited by sweaty craiq
  • Haha 1