Levelling up - Odsal

Big bid for funds to re develop Odsal which would transform the sport - and the city.

About time too. Our sport punches well above its weight doing untold good for our communities. We don’t fight hard enough.

If the government is serious about levelling up - there surely can be not better cause than RL and Bradford. We need - as a sport - to be in the governments face over this.

No negative posts please about Bradford. This would be a huge shot in the arm for the sport.

We are owed this…

https://apple.news/ANvkgT-UxQCG-SzEsy3JcgQ

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry, I roared with laughter when I saw the pic.

Would be over the moon to be wrong.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 hours ago, The storm said:

A lot of rugby league fans are defeated before they even enter the room

Anyone who can add up should be joining the queue to take the mick out of this pile of nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, The storm said:

A lot of rugby league fans are defeated before they even enter the room

Yep. If everyone wrote to their MP, Lindsay Hoyle and the Minister of Sport - plus of course our PM - rather than doing nothing then perhaps they'd realise this would make a difference...

Surely “Levelling Odsal” would be a more constructive use of taxpayer funds? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Here's a question, if Cardiff can have one, why can't Bradford?

Another, if they can build half a dozen in Sydney why can't Bradford have one.

How about, if other sports can get government support for a National Stadium, or even a regional one, why not Rugby League.

In other walks of life, these things are not thought of as ''pie in the sky'' or ''impossible'' or ''laughable'' they are just considered ''do-able''. Not costly white elephants but life enhancing social investments.

What I see is a widespread, cripplingly low, self esteem amongst our fans.

The overwhelming, prevailing attitude seems to be ''we don't deserve it''.

I just can't understand the mindset of people (from our fanbase) who take every opportunity to spread that message and revel in the squalor it engenders. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Here's a question, if Cardiff can have one, why can't Bradford?

Because £100m doesn't buy you what's on the poster.

Nothing to do with self-esteem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yada yada yada

You can make all the excuses and rationalisations you like, you can try as many diversionary tactics and bring on all the sleight of hand avoidance manoeuvres you can muster.

I know it's unbearable for some people to admit it, but it's as plain as the nose on your face. 

• Sad 1

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

Putin might be doing that for free for us before too long the way things are going 

Yes mate, we might all have bigger fish to fry in a short while. 

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Yada yada yada

You can make all the excuses and rationalisations you like, you can try as many diversionary tactics and bring on all the sleight of hand avoidance manoeuvres you can muster.

I know it's unbearable for some people to admit it, but it's as plain as the nose on your face. 

Okay, I'll make it clearer.

This would not be an impressive state of the art facility at that price.

It would be a joke of a 'stadium' done on the cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Sometimes it feels like some fans really want this, and other initiatives to fail.

Yep seems that way. Very poor, but hardly a surprise. Many RFL fans could compete at the Olympics for moaning.

Given how badly RFU seems to be running its sport: asset hiding, covid loans, HMRC not being paid - this is the time to get behind this project.

Makes you realise how badly the RFU has been run - and how RFL has protected itself.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Because £100m doesn't buy you what's on the poster.

Nothing to do with self-esteem.

Cardiff is 80k stadium, this is 25k.. plus everything cheaper up north !

• Sad 1