Signings for 2023

Evs62

I think there is still discussions taking place with players but I'm sure we will announce in due course new signings and releases.

I'm sure Newcastle will have some players in there area who they will be interested in as well as whitehaven and barrow wanting the locals too.

However with regards to loyalty you can't knock any town players going to haven, barrow or Newcastle as they are unfortunately in thr league above and its a short career for this guys and they want too play at the top level.

13 hours ago, Town1963 said:

Is it true Jamie as gone to 

Can't see Jamie leaving due to the fact that he also has a job that is linked to him being a Town player which supplements his playing income. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Can't see Jamie leaving due to the fact that he also has a job that is linked to him being a Town player which supplements his playing income. 

I can't see him leaving either, I like Jamie and on his day he's been unplayable at times, but he would need to lose an awful lot of weight to be that player again and I can't see it happening, league 1 will suit him more

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I agree but can you have two scrum halves?  and i'd personally like a regular at this level or an overseas player.

Surely Forber will be retiring. Thanks but it's time for a change.

I'd try to get Blaine back as scrum half

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Why not ? I thought the council funded his role as Community Outreach Manager ?

I'd heard he now has a job on the gas plant at Sellafield, no idea if it's true but they are usually fairly close.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Personally think we need a change in the way we attack ,So much these days seems to come from a good kicking game and a good link between the halves and full back .For whatever reason we had neither  last season , in fact in a lot of games their just seemed to be a lot of arguing about who was doing what , whether that was down to not liking Chris`s game plan i dont know , but think we need to change that whole area .

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I agree but can you have two scrum halves?  and i'd personally like a regular at this level or an overseas player.

Surely Forber will be retiring. Thanks but it's time for a change.

Re Carl I was thinking the same. Been an outstanding servant. But we really do need other options at half back.

Edited by Andrew Newton

17 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Great news, exactly the type of player we need to keep hold of

Exactly the kind of player to build a team round, superb player with an outstanding work ethic. He was one of the players I thought we would struggle to keep as he can play in the Championship. 

• Like 5