Signings for 2023

Evs62

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Rhys Clarke announced as Newcastle Thunders player/coach.

Awesome news 🙏 it's decisions like this that really makes you wonder how good of a coach Thorman is.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Awesome news 🙏 it's decisions like this that really makes you wonder how good of a coach Thorman is.

I couldn't beleave how many supporters backed him for so long, anyone who new anything about rugby league could see by the players he recruited and his so called game plans with a small pack, but his biggest fault was lack of man management skills, 

• Like 2

Honestly pleased Clarke has left, he's a decent sized bloke but has the heart of a mouse, slowed down taking balls in and often turned his back going into contact. Also seemed to switch off in defence. Oh well, we move on.

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Marcus O’Brian now gone will we have a team !!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I heard Caine and possibly Stevie off to Whitehaven as well.

Good luck to Haven, they've picked the flesh off the bones of some good Town squads over the years during our many dalliances with receivership, and I can't blame them for taking advantage and signing our better players, we would do exactly the same if the fortunes were reversed.

They should mount a serious challenge for the top six with that squad, and if nothing else it will give us an opportunity to see how a side of predominantly local players can perform should a merger every come off in future.

I think us Town fans just have to accept that this season is just about getting a side onto the park and build from there.

Whatever happened to the proposed redevelopment of the Recre' Donald?

Wasn't there plans to take down one of the terraces behind the sticks and build a new clubhouse?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Newcastle are knackered all the kids setup bar the scholarship to be axed next. Payne & Clarke are money saving appointments.

Are you sure about this, they have just appointed new coach's to both the 18s and 16s for the 2023 season. 

5 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Newcastle are knackered all the kids setup bar the scholarship to be axed next. Payne & Clarke are money saving appointments.

Are you sure about this, they have just appointed new coach's to both the 18s and 16s for the 2023 season. 

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I heard Caine and possibly Stevie off to Whitehaven as well.

Good luck to Haven, they've picked the flesh off the bones of some good Town squads over the years during our many dalliances with receivership, and I can't blame them for taking advantage and signing our better players, we would do exactly the same if the fortunes were reversed.

They should mount a serious challenge for the top six with that squad, and if nothing else it will give us an opportunity to see how a side of predominantly local players can perform should a merger every come off in future.

I think us Town fans just have to accept that this season is just about getting a side onto the park and build from there.

Whatever happened to the proposed redevelopment of the Recre' Donald?

Wasn't there plans to take down one of the terraces behind the sticks and build a new clubhouse?

Few years ago that suggestion about the ground was always about finding the money . Was 4.5 million then no doubt be higher now. Was gonna be new clubhouse at the railway end 2 new stands alongside the one we have now . And refurbishing the popular side