Signings for 2023

Evs62

11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Very happy with that quality player 

That's alot off our minds 😂

• Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Can't believe Stevie would sign for Haven.

Then again I thought Doran would stay for his testimonial and club loyalty still existed.

So we start again  a lot has happened in 2 or so months.

I can't believe how so many supporters at clubs actually believe that players have 100% loyalty to an individual club, at the end of the day these lads are looking to see how far they can go in the game, but also make some coin whilst doing it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Your right mate loyalty is a great thing but if haven had offered such a great contract surely the lad would want to play at the best level at the championship and not in league 1 if he had goals then that’s surely would be his option just saying mind 

After last season He probably wants a year off a championship relegation battle 

Edited by town4me
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JMB said:

I can't believe how so many supporters at clubs actually believe that players have 100% loyalty to an individual club, at the end of the day these lads are looking to see how far they can go in the game, but also make some coin whilst doing it.  

I have to agree and also add that some do not go to a neighbouring clubs or further afield because of past experience or dislike of a coach or chairman etc and another factor being tied to an area due to their careers at work in their day job. 

• Like 1

It is one criticism of the modern game under the contract system , mainly affecting the older supporter granted . Dozens of people stop me to discuss Town and whats going on , and hardly any of them go down . All of of them to a Man say the reason is "you don`t know whos playing from one week to the next" , i.e. no sense of identity.......or "in the old days you more or less knew who would be playing before you went down " It`s the modern game unfortunately the younger fans accept it  , the older fans don`t feel the same .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

It is one criticism of the modern game under the contract system , mainly affecting the older supporter granted . Dozens of people stop me to discuss Town and whats going on , and hardly any of them go down . All of of them to a Man say the reason is "you don`t know whos playing from one week to the next" , i.e. no sense of identity.......or "in the old days you more or less knew who would be playing before you went down " It`s the modern game unfortunately the younger fans accept it  , the older fans don`t feel the same .

It gets to about half way through a season before I stop asking who's that. 🤯

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 hours ago, ivans82 said:

I'm like that with Super League sides, go back 30 years and even non RL supporters had heard of Martin Offiah, Andy Gregory, Sean Edwards, Jason Robinson etc.and there was excitement and anticipation when the Aussies and New Zealanders came to the UK as they were packed full of recognisable names

We now have a sport that has no household names and non RL fans would struggle to name one player in Superleague ....which to me is yet another sad indictment of how far the profile of the sport has fallen under the current RFL stewardship.

I’ve hardly seen any advertising outside of RL circles for the World Cup and I’ve got a bad feeling some of the games will be played in very empty stadiums.

when Workington lost their games, the logical choice should have been to take the games to Brunton park, carlisle on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

it would have encouraged Scottish fans to make the track and not too far for west Cumbrians to travel.

its criminal that there are no games in Cumbria, one of just three traditional heartlands with no World Cup games

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 4

Do the haven fans think newts will get game time at haven, the type of annoying little s*** we miss in our squad, would spell Matty well and free Blaine to play in the halves with kieren and Carl 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

10 minutes ago, wonky said:

Do the haven fans think newts will get game time at haven, the type of annoying little s*** we miss in our squad, would spell Matty well and free Blaine to play in the halves with kieren and Carl 

Personally don't think he will, Eaves and Phillips would be my choice BUT given what happened last year I'd be surprised if we let him go 

1 hour ago, wonky said:

I'd much rather town go down the rebuild route for the future than look at that player IMHO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I'd much rather town go down the rebuild route for the future than look at that player IMHO. 

You are going to need some experience of semi pro and at champ level in any rebuild or you will take 3 to 4 yrs before you get out of L1, Keighley done it by spending big but Swinton also had a good bunch of experienced players to finish with a GF win. Dewsbury, Doncaster, Rochdale, Oldham,

Crusaders etc wil all have learned the way to do it and will spend next season. Rookie locals alone wil not get anyone out of L1 in the coming yrs. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

. Rookie locals alone wil not get anyone out of L1 in the coming yrs. 

I agree johnny but for now we need to develop locals and spend a few years in L1 then hopefully some investment through the new stadium adding a few travellers and fingers crossed a few overseas will see us right for the step up. Just a personal  opinion though 

49 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Tom Curwen is the latest signing, nice to see him back at the club.

Great signing 👍welcome back Tom