Signings for 2023

Evs62

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

Young impresses on camera over the next few games and will be picked up. Don't think him or clegg will be with us though.

Bickerdyke and forber for sure.

Steve I'd hope.

Young may be quick ( we never really found out ) but this game again shows he’s pretty weak in the physical side of things . Him and Clegg haven’t really shown anything to think they’re worth the expense of keeping 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Young may be quick ( we never really found out ) but this game again shows he’s pretty weak in the physical side of things . Him and Clegg haven’t really shown anything to think they’re worth the expense of keeping 

I would be mightily disappointed if we signed either

• Like 1

12 hours ago, havenhater said:

Young impresses on camera over the next few games and will be picked up. Don't think him or clegg will be with us though.

Bickerdyke and forber for sure.

Steve I'd hope.

He also made few errors also, 

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

I dunno, I think Alex got a lot of unfair criticism last season tbh, I suppose when you are that tall you stand out and get noticed more. He was left marking 2 players a lot of the time and his assets were never utilised in attack. There's definitely a decent player in there given a chance and I would like another season out of him and show what he can do as he can give us something different if we play to his strengths. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

12 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I dunno, I think Alex got a lot of unfair criticism last season tbh, I suppose when you are that tall you stand out and get noticed more. He was left marking 2 players a lot of the time and his assets were never utilised in attack. There's definitely a decent player in there given a chance and I would like another season out of him and show what he can do as he can give us something different if we play to his strengths. 

I agree with a lot of that, but on a limited budget then your travelling players have to be standouts who bring something you can't get locally. They cost more money due to travelling expenses etc and aren't able to train with the squad as often. While he is a decent L1 player I don't see him as a standout/game changer who is worth spending a good chunk of the budget on. If we are going to have any travellers then we need to be finding the young promising lads like Brad Holroyd who have that bit of X factor and can be match winners.

• Like 5

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

But how many times did he take the wrong option when in a one in one situation in defence, how many times was he caught out of position when in defence, and for his size he hardly took a high ball, he rather let it bounce first, so if we go of his games for Town he shouldn't even be considered for the 2023 season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hall and Holroyd had that xfactor that can win games . Someone in that mould , if we can’t kidnap , I mean entice , them 

Hall spent the back end of last season at Doncaster on loan, think he is still on Bradfords books and also works for them, Holroyd spent the back end of last season at Swinton on loan , still on Widnes books, either would be great on a season long loan, both would be better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JMB said:

But how many times did he take the wrong option when in a one in one situation in defence, how many times was he caught out of position when in defence, and for his size he hardly took a high ball, he rather let it bounce first, so if we go of his games for Town he shouldn't even be considered for the 2023 season.

Think we are gonna have to disagree a bit on this pal. I don't understand what options you can take in a one on one in defence , you either tackle the bloke with the ball or you don't. In attack we hardly ever put the ball up to him to either catch or pat back on the line which I have mentioned more than once on here through the season. I'm not giving him a free ride either as he did have some bad games and deserved some pelters, but who didn't?

I agree with Derwent on the travellers bit, and wouldn't die in a ditch if he left or wasn't retained but I do think he got a raw deal with some fans in comparison to say Clegg on the opposite wing who was just as culpable for criticism, but never got half of what Alex did in my opinion.

It just shows how we watch the same game with the same interest in it but see two different things. 

• Like 6

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

None of the back line impressed last season as the rugby was so boring and predictable.

we never seemed to throw it out wide until the fourth and kicked on the fifth so we could have had Martin Offiah and Jason Robinson on the wings and it wouldn’t have made a scrap of difference.

end of the day, it doesn’t matter how good the backs are, if they get nee ball they’ll score nee tries !!

• Like 7