Signings for 2023

Evs62

3 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Mick Jenkins was class, sure he came over with Baildon 

Mick was about 3 years after Baildon, around 1999 ish. He came over with Evan Cochrane.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

21 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Thats right, he was one of Ross O’Reillys signing I recall.

Cochrane was a hell of a player as well, was Andy Platt coach when they were signed?

Yeah Platt was coach then. Cochrane was going well for us then had that freak accident at Keighley when he tumbled over the wall onto the terraces and fractured his skull. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 15/11/2022 at 07:13, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I’m really interested to see how this team is going to gel as it’s quite a unique set of circumstances which has got us to where we are today.

the fallout from last seasons cash flow issues were well publicised, but now we have a director of football who has been quietly working away in the background identifying and signing players, some experienced but the majority very raw but with potential and that’s something we haven’t had for a long time, signing journeymen at the expense of locals.

signing the cream of true local amateur scene is something we have all clamoured for years, not all of them will make it, but this season will at least allow the club to blood younger players with a view to really pushing on in 2024.

The end of last season couldn’t come quickly enough for me, but I’m looking forward to this season as there doesn’t seem to be any pressure - although that could easily change if early results don’t go our way.

There seems to be a renewed vigour to do things the right way with the ladies team, support for the creation of DPR and a willingness to listen.

let’s hope this is the dawn of a new era!

Think with Anthony Murray at the helm it will give the club a new direction, he is a guy that gets the very best out of his players.

3 hours ago, Brookie said:

I'm beginning to thi that Buffer would have signed by now, but you never know. Would be good if he did

They might announce him at his hall of fame induction?

20 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Strong in defence at Centre but does not get a lot of ball to his winger.

Will he be first choice centre though with Sabutey, Bickerdike and Hurst all being centres and Burns at fullback? If he is left centre and Caine at right back row there won't be many getting past us on the flanks! Loose forward ? 

Dear me is this serious Jason Mossop was past it when he left. From what I heard from up the road there wingers never got a pass and in cold days hyperthermia was known to set in. Also if relying on Forber to lead the pack round the field I can see a long season 

38 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

Dear me is this serious Jason Mossop was past it when he left. From what I heard from up the road there wingers never got a pass and in cold days hyperthermia was known to set in. Also if relying on Forber to lead the pack round the field I can see a long season 

Why are you bothered marra, nowt going on down Dopeland .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Big Yin said:

No substitute for experience. Good to have him around the younger players. 

• Like 1