Signings for 2023

Evs62

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Normally buy 3 kids season tickets and one for myself, but might have to give it a miss this year. 150% price hike for less games in a lower division is a bit much IMO. I know the club are desperate for any income, but I feel we have shot ourselves in the foot on this one. Getting the kids in to watch and hopefully get hooked on Town is vital for our future, we should just look at how many kids are watching the Reds compared to us. Like the shirt though. UTT.

If anything, the club should be looking to let the kids in for free, they should be looked at as the club's future, or all kids get in free with a paying adult, you can also guarantee they will be spending cash on food and soft drinks,

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JMB said:

If anything, the club should be looking to let the kids in for free, they should be looked at as the club's future, or all kids get in free with a paying adult, you can also guarantee they will be spending cash on food and soft drinks,

Season tickets cost £70 for kids and unless I read it wrong you get a top thrown in and other benefits as well, and  early bird prices are only £2.00  for under 15s which I don't think is to bad really.

5 hours ago, tbgfc said:

Whilst I agree teams should always push for promotion, what we don't want, need or can afford is a repeat of last season where we went into the championship with a league 1 team. We have signed so far a young team that needs developed and added to strengthen. I would rather watch a competitive team in league 1 for a few seasons than get promoted to early and be the whipping boys we were last season.

not enough matches in L1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Season tickets cost £70 for kids and unless I read it wrong you get a top thrown in and other benefits as well, and  early bird prices are only £2.00  for under 15s which I don't think is to bad really.

We had made an error and they are only £60! 

The deal does include:

🔵Season ticket junior membership

🔵10% off all child merchandise purchases across the season to encourage purchases and help with cost of children wanting Town clothing. 

*Cant be used on this deal but on all future purchases. 

🔵Town Autograph book to encourage interaction with and meet their favourite players. 

🔵Home jersey. 

We have also introduced large savings of all adult season tickets across December to try help in a difficult climate and make more affordable for all. 

Only £99.95 is just £10 a game basically if purchased now. 

Combo deals basically reduce overall deal by £5.

We hope many fans snap that deal up as it will only be available until end of December. 

UTT 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

We had made an error and they are only £60! 

The deal does include:

🔵Season ticket junior membership

🔵10% off all child merchandise purchases across the season to encourage purchases and help with cost of children wanting Town clothing. 

*Cant be used on this deal but on all future purchases. 

🔵Town Autograph book to encourage interaction with and meet their favourite players. 

🔵Home jersey. 

We have also introduced large savings of all adult season tickets across December to try help in a difficult climate and make more affordable for all. 

Only £99.95 is just £10 a game basically if purchased now. 

Combo deals basically reduce overall deal by £5.

We hope many fans snap that deal up as it will only be available until end of December. 

UTT 

But aren't individual kids season tickets £25 as opposed to the usual £10? 

While I think the season ticket prices are amazing value for money it does seem strange that the kids ones are £25. As matchday prices are £5 that is £50 over the season so the season ticket is half price but the early bird price is £2 a game so only £20 for every game, which is cheaper than the season ticket!

7 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

While I think the season ticket prices are amazing value for money it does seem strange that the kids ones are £25. As matchday prices are £5 that is £50 over the season so the season ticket is half price but the early bird price is £2 a game so only £20 for every game, which is cheaper than the season ticket!

But you don't get a shirt, autograph book, shop discount and other future benefits from buying just early bird tickets.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spike said:

But aren't individual kids season tickets £25 as opposed to the usual £10? 

Almost as if costs have gone up for pretty much everything, £25 a season ticket is still pretty bloody good. unfortunately I except the cost to run the club next season will be a hell of a lot more than previous seasons, if only because of energy prices.

I would rather prices for kids were kept as they were, hopefully there can be other incentives to get them to games, but I can also see why ticket prices have had to go up.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chromedome said:

Yes Kevin us 'popular siders' saw the writing was on the wall very early in the season - mainly because of the Thorman idea that mobility was more worthwhile in the squad than a physical input.

I recall being in earshot when, not for the first time, he told us an overseas signing was imminent...........never got here did he.

So, despite 100% unreserved effort by the always too small pack, us 'keyboard warriors' tried in vain to give Chris some good advice, or so we thought it was. Given to him without knowing if he actually visited this forum - perhaps he should have. But it was deemed unwelcome advice in some quarters hence the warriors hint.

What we now know perhaps seems to have hindered his recruitment, as the painful financial level of the club became apparent, was that he wasn't able to buy his way out of trouble.

So yes marras Chris failed us somewhat badly....maybe not well and truly maffed it though?

I think finishing bottom with 1 win , counts as maffed it  pal🤣

• Like 3

£60 isn't bad value when you break it down as the replica shirt alone will be more than half of that - but I think any of these season ticket deals should be sold with the option of spreading the payment out - either 3 monthly payments of £20 or over a 6 month period - that makes them even more attractive to parents in these austere times.

Hats off to the club for trying something different, they just need to work a little harder on the presentation in getting the message across to stop the negativity

2 hours ago, Bearintown said:

I think finishing bottom with 1 win , counts as maffed it  pal🤣

Ok you win Kev..............but I still think, with hindsight, that Thorman had no cash available to get more quality at DP.

We weren't really told of this cash flow prob until near seasons end.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:47, town4me said:

I see your point but do we really want to rush back to the championship before somethings been built to give us a good chance of staying there.  

Totally disagree. Squads never stay the same, we lost at least 3 star players on going up to the championship. Retain the best of your squad and then make good recruitment decisions but aspire higher than L1.

51 minutes ago, DocH said:

Totally disagree. Squads never stay the same, we lost at least 3 star players on going up to the championship. Retain the best of your squad and then make good recruitment decisions but aspire higher than L1.

Well we'll all have our different opinions.  I personally think building and jelling a locally based core of the squad is best then get some out of county additions by generating funds through off field activities. Is that not what barrow did? We will all agree we need out of L1 but only when correctly equipped to have a crack at the championship. That IMO will take more than one season. 

Edited by town4me
  • Like 1

Apart from Dewsbury and Oldham who have spent a bit of money it seems, why would we want to aim below those teams? We can beat them at home or away on a role but rochdale, crusaders, Hunslet even Midlands are teams similar to us always building but we need to aim to beat.

Promotion or play off winning a target to aim for.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Apart from Dewsbury and Oldham who have spent a bit of money it seems, why would we want to aim below those teams? We can beat them at home or away on a role but rochdale, crusaders, Hunslet even Midlands are teams similar to us always building but we need to aim to beat.

Promotion or play off winning a target to aim for.

I'm surprisingly optimistic for the forthcoming season with the Lads signed up,the aussie back could be the key ,if he is a standout player we have a great chance,one thing though I would like the club to back the players they've signed and not resort to short term loans at the first sign of a crisis

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Think it will be interesting to see how Keighley go this year , we went up at their expense by beating them in the play offs last time , with an extra year to build we`ll see if it actually worked to their advantage .

Not sure that's a good comparison really, Keighley have spent a lot of money and brought in a fair few established championship players and the odd SL player like Ben Crooks. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Very confusing  the pricing to watch Town  this coming season . Kids £25 a season ticket  or £2 match day 

Concessions £15 match day or                   £12 early bird  .                                         Adults £18 match day                               £15 early bird  .                                         Now I see Adults can get a season ticket  deal  for £99.95  5p short of £10 per match  .  So that makes it cheaper than the concession cheapest  price of £12 . So is there a price for a concession  season ticket.              Adults are either getting a £8 match day or £5 early bird  reduction buying a season ticket . 

• Like 1