Signings for 2023

Evs62

6 hours ago, DocH said:

Hopefully we may just have some outside backs this year to do that! 

Yeah hope so Doc.

I backed Chris when others were doubting the lack of size in our pack this time last year thinking if we were going straight back down (which was likely) it would be playing attractive,  inventive rugby. Boy was I wrong! 🤣

So for me I really hope we play none of the boring blunt stuff from last season even if it means risking a defeat by trying to win.

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Yeah hope so Doc.

I backed Chris when others were doubting the lack of size in our pack this time last year thinking if we were going straight back down (which was likely) it would be playing attractive,  inventive rugby. Boy was I wrong! 🤣

So for me I really hope we play none of the boring blunt stuff from last season even if it means risking a defeat by trying to win.

He kept saying earn the right to play in their half but when we did it went to Thomas and that was the end of any chance of scoring. Our only real attacking weapon/playmaker Doran might as well have been on the terraces with us for all the meaningful ball he saw. Anyway another messiah bites the dust but it's past history . We go again with optimism. 

• Like 1

From the Sellafield rumour mill allegedly some local players at haven were owed 2 months wages from the end of last season so refused to start training until it was settled but similar to us last season it was just short term cash flow issues more than anything too critical so they have all been paid now and started training last weekend.

Edited by Carlisle1921
Forgot to quote Towni987's post above!
  • Like 1

On 28/11/2022 at 19:47, DavidM said:

I’d be a bit dischuffed at the players Chris has took there with him if I was a Newcastle fan 

As long as it’s not  here could careless, think he believes he’s better than he is,       Sorry that was about Thomas 

Edited by Sticklebricks

14 minutes ago, bigapple said:

Remember talking to Oscar in spoons after last game of season, he told me he was too good to play in league 1 🤣.........I said believe me your not! Very high opinion of himself. 

I agree with him, he wants nowt dropping into league 1 with the talent he possesses, the championship clubs must be fighting for his signature...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, bigapple said:

Remember talking to Oscar in spoons after last game of season, he told me he was too good to play in league 1 🤣.........I said believe me your not! Very high opinion of himself. 

Maybe his ego is one of his main problems, seems to of had a lot of clubs

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Maybe his ego is one of his main problems, seems to of had a lot of clubs

When we played Sheffield away, some Sheff fans were chanting Oscar all the match. I didn't manage to work out if they were fans, or just being sarcastic!

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

Which one?

Are we due anymore signings also? I remember during the open day we were announcing 5 but then it was only 4 due to a visa issue I was informed.

Was thisnhust a rumour or are we still to get another...

there was a young player announced at the weekend on twitter - can' remember his name now - Fergus ??? or something like that - played for Queensland under 21's and has a british passport apparently 

27 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

there was a young player announced at the weekend on twitter - can' remember his name now - Fergus ??? or something like that - played for Queensland under 21's and has a british passport apparently 

Isn't that Fergus Simpson? Second of the four signings. Curtis Davies gone to Newcastle. Bit of a strange one considering CT didn't seem to rate him

12 hours ago, havenhater said:

Which one?

Are we due anymore signings also? I remember during the open day we were announcing 5 but then it was only 4 due to a visa issue I was informed.

Was thisnhust a rumour or are we still to get another...

Think it was the burns brothers that was to sign that day, but there was an holdup with there signing so they had to delay there reveal

On 29/11/2022 at 17:42, The Voodooguru said:

Yeah hope so Doc.

Think Thorman has had a change of mind over using big forwards, he just signed Robert Tuliatu, here is part of his comments after confirming the signing.  “In terms of what to expect on the pitch, Rob is a genuine impact ball carrier who is stocky and powerful. That’s what I like in a player.