Signings for 2023

Evs62

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Not looking good at all. Silence is deafening. Town struggling last year, Haven struggling this year... Time to finally merge and do what's best for the area. 

If we did merge, hopefully they don’t use the person who done that latest statement for Haven. Do they not know about spell check?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Where's the money come from for all these Aussies and traveling players  have they been paid and locals not ?? seems very strange to me and rumours not long ago that a certain top PL player was putting money in has this now stopped or was it just the sellafield crack.

Rumours are they aren't coming anymore but not heard anything official. Sellafield crack that I think 

34 minutes ago, dkw said:

And another one left haven. At thus rate we might have to loan them some players so we can play the game.

Just the same situation as Town last season, struggling to pay bills and players, common sense says a merger is the only way forward, but not sure it will happen.

• Like 1

Although I got a bit of stick off my Jambo work mates last season when we were in bother it's not a nice place for any club to be in. 

Allegedly weeks ago when their players refused to start pre season they were saying that Eilbeck was picking and choosing who was getting paid, which was causing a sihtstorm on the players WhatsApp group. The new recruits from Oz were all in the group and were doubting whether they should go ahead and travel half way round the world as Bishop was one that was owed money. It looks from last nights statement that the key sentence is that all current players have been paid up, which probably means some haven't. Trouble ahead no doubt!  

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Although I got a bit of stick off my Jambo work mates last season when we were in bother it's not a nice place for any club to be in. 

Allegedly weeks ago when their players refused to start pre season they were saying that Eilbeck was picking and choosing who was getting paid, which was causing a sihtstorm on the players WhatsApp group. The new recruits from Oz were all in the group and were doubting whether they should go ahead and travel half way round the world as Bishop was one that was owed money. It looks from last nights statement that the key sentence is that all current players have been paid up, which probably means some haven't. Trouble ahead no doubt!  

Eilbeck is the problem at haven needs to go 

3 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

earlier in the month it was stated that both players and backroom staff were still waiting for payments from last season.

It’s not good, the RFL shouldn’t be reducing payments at the last minute - little wonder clubs are struggling, that combined with the ###### show of the West Wales debacle just goes to show the state of the pro game in this country.

the RFL should be compensating all League One clubs with a payment to compensate them for the loss of a home game, how they expect a professional club to survive with 9 home league games is an absolute joke!!

Our Chair should be raking up support from other league one clubs and banging down the door at the RFL to demand answers, or there’s going to be plenty of other clubs feeling the financial strain of their incompetence.

by all accounts Town have cut their cloth accordingly this season and worked on worse case scenario in regards to contracts, if we can play well and string a few wins together, no reason why we can’t get 1000 through the turnstiles 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

It’s not good, the RFL shouldn’t be reducing payments at the last minute - little wonder clubs are struggling, that combined with the ###### show of the West Wales debacle just goes to show the state of the pro game in this country.

the RFL should be compensating all League One clubs with a payment to compensate them for the loss of a home game, how they expect a professional club to survive with 9 home league games is an absolute joke!!

Our Chair should be raking up support from other league one clubs and banging down the door at the RFL to demand answers, or there’s going to be plenty of other clubs feeling the financial strain of their incompetence.

by all accounts Town have cut their cloth accordingly this season and worked on worse case scenario in regards to contracts, if we can play well and string a few wins together, no reason why we can’t get 1000 through the turnstiles

To me it looks like the Rfl are not interested in the semi pro clubs who struggle to compete because of the lack of indipendaent   finacel backing, and they definitely don't help in supporting the local community game, at one time we had community development officers, not now, up to 18 months ago we had Marnie Jackson who had a fantastic girls school development scheme going, she also supported and ran the community mini mod leagues, sadly she then left the Rfl to become a teacher, and guess what, she was never replaced, and the girls development plan discontinued, what a shame. So in other words Cumbria is left to look after itself.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Unfortunately both clubs have been in this situation numerous times leading to bankruptcy for Haven on a couple of occasions.  I'm just pleased I still have a club to support this season and I honestly hope haven come out the other end of this with the club still in operation. At the end of last season we had more haven fans on here than Townies, most of them having a laugh at our expense. We need to be bigger than that and not gloat. What goes around normally comes around, and both clubs have had their ups and downs over the years, it may be just their turn.  I've heard some Townies saying they wouldn't be bothered if haven didn't exist,  I don't agree with that, I just want them to be a lot worse than us

• Like 5

On 22/12/2022 at 19:33, Neutralfan7 said:

Not looking good at all. Silence is deafening. Town struggling last year, Haven struggling this year... Time to finally merge and do what's best for the area. 

So that leads onto the usual next question- where would this WC team.play at?

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

So that leads onto the usual next question- where would this WC team.play at?

For me, you would play home games at the new stadium in Workington as it should have proper modern hospitality facilities.

I would base the rest of the club at the Recre, play Reserves, Ladies, development etc through at Whitehaven.

That way at split between both towns