Signings for 2023

Evs62

3 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Whats their preferred positions?

I hope they are as good as some of the other players that Kells have produced over the years !

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Both outside backs. 

Aaron is a England U23 Community Lion and Jordan played 7 years at Whitehaven, playing over 100 games and scoring over 50 tries, equally home at wing, centre or full back. 

UTT

• Like 2

Just now, DavidM said:

Big kudos to the club for the business we’re doing , and in great time . Jordan Burns very impressive when i seen him 

Wait and see how long it is until the dark side tell use we broke the bank for Jordan 😆

Welcome to Town tho lads , I hope you enjoy your time in the 🔵⚪ good luck both 👍UTT 

• Like 2

.wrong thread.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m really interested to see how this team is going to gel as it’s quite a unique set of circumstances which has got us to where we are today.

the fallout from last seasons cash flow issues were well publicised, but now we have a director of football who has been quietly working away in the background identifying and signing players, some experienced but the majority very raw but with potential and that’s something we haven’t had for a long time, signing journeymen at the expense of locals.

signing the cream of true local amateur scene is something we have all clamoured for years, not all of them will make it, but this season will at least allow the club to blood younger players with a view to really pushing on in 2024.

The end of last season couldn’t come quickly enough for me, but I’m looking forward to this season as there doesn’t seem to be any pressure - although that could easily change if early results don’t go our way.

There seems to be a renewed vigour to do things the right way with the ladies team, support for the creation of DPR and a willingness to listen.

let’s hope this is the dawn of a new era!

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 6

Things are looking promising with the squad and hopefully the mistakes of last season have been learned from in all areas.

Jordan is proven quality and Aaron can catch pigeons. The other lads announced on Saturday all look like they can improve the squad.

Still need a couple of key positions to fill but if we get them right we might be pushing for promotion instead if the other end of the table. UTT 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Bit since we had a decent Aussie apart from Stack, David Baildon was the last back I can remember, he was class.

Yeah we have had some decent Kiwi backs since then (Sione, Ganley spring to mind) but no Aussies I can recall.

Baildon was class, a good player in a poor team. Same with Fatnowna who could be very good when he could be bothered.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

20 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Wait and see how long it is until the dark side tell use we broke the bank for Jordan 😆

Welcome to Town tho lads , I hope you enjoy your time in the 🔵⚪ good luck both 👍UTT 

Probably not experienced enough for Whitehaven as Haven are in the big boy's league