2023 Jerseys.

RLDB

Absolutely superb home kit, best since 1983. Simple, retro, traditional design !  Even the colour is spot on, royal blue.

Been some horrendous kits over the last few years but this is just class.

Away kit just an an expensive black top. Should have been a red version of the home kit

Edited by Bring back GB
  • Like 2

Must be getting old because as a traditionalist (I can still remember the blue and white hoop days) I have hoped for a return to the Royal Blue with White V for years. I think we have missed a chance for an away strip of White V on Red shirt (the colours we wore at Wembley in 1955).  Probably a bit too told to buy/wear a replica shirt but I hope they sell like hot cakes.

No more of that lime green-yellow vomit like thing of a few years ago!

• Like 1

Love the home kits and it screams BARROW, I like the away kit too but the blue kit is first choice.  I just hope that oneills get the fit right and the days of "mini dresses" or not being able to get them over your head are behind us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rowan said:

I think we have missed a chance for an away strip of White V on Red shirt (the colours we wore at Wembley in 1955). 

I'm hoping they're saving that for the 70th anniversary in 2025

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifer said:

good shout mate

When the 50th anniversary shirt came out in 2005, there were a few complaints about it being blue with a white V from those who were fortunate enough to have been there on the day.

2025 would be ideal to rectify that, though sadly the ones who were at Wembley that day are thinner on the ground now. 

5 hours ago, Stephen Andrews said:

I agree with everyones comments, the home shirt is by far our best for a very long time.  We have had some shockers over the years but this one is great. 

One or two looked they'd been designed on an Amiga by a 12 year old. 

1 hour ago, Stephen Andrews said:

I can think of at least two that were not that good Dave!

It might be a good bit of close season fun to put pictures up of the worst specimens and have a vote for the least popular

It's amazing that there wasn't a queue of players demanding a transfer when they were told they had to wear that yukkish green thing  on an away trip. Couldn't somebody have left the kit bag on the team coach? Sorry to go on about it but I still get bad dreams.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Collected my home replica shirt from the shop today. Looks smart and pretty decent quality. My only issue is that the neck is quite tight. Also, I had ordered a large but on trying it on in the shop I eventually got an XL as the large would have been a bit tight when worn over another shirt.

Overall I'm really pleased and I love the retro design.

Edited by Bring back GB

On 09/11/2022 at 17:53, Bring back GB said:

Collected my home replica shirt from the shop today. Looks smart and pretty decent quality. My only issue is that the neck is quite tight. Also, I had ordered a large but on trying it on in the shop I eventually got an XL as the large would have been a bit tight when worn over another shirt.

Overall I'm really pleased and I love the retro design.

Always get a bigger size when it's an Oneill's garment, great quality but sizing is always small. 

• 1 month later...