2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

That jersey above was a place holder mock up type thing. The real one is spaced a bit better and in the second picture you can see the "gold" is darker then in retail shots.

309026692_1078807286242404_2899946657884173142_n.jpg

310061539_923096281997237_4827166994708880522_n.jpg

I wonder if the IMG future involves popular brands normal people have heard of being interested in Rugby League in England again?

Apart from Hummel which is niche at best were heading for a world of Oxen, O'neills and the return of Ellgren.

Where did the glory days of Canterbury, Umbro and Puma go (didn't Wigan have Adidas and Nike at one point)........even ISC gave up on us.

• Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Who would wear that and where would they wear it? 

It's a good question but it's (to my eye) better than the current England football (men's and women's) training tops which are ... well, were you around in the early 90s when rugby league discovered patterns?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I wonder if the IMG future involves popular brands normal people have heard of being interested in Rugby League in England again?

Apart from Hummel which is niche at best were heading for a world of Oxen, O'neills and the return of Ellgren.

Where did the glory days of Canterbury, Umbro and Puma go (didn't Wigan have Adidas and Nike at one point)........even ISC gave up on us.

OXEN is ISC

EDIT.  ive quite rightly been corrected Oxen was infact Xblades. 

My mistake

Edited by Ragingbull

29 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

TBF ISC have given up on Australian RL as well they're winding down any contracts they have.

I like the Hummel stuff, I wear Hummel trainers quite often and have a bit of a soft spot for them prior to them getting into RL.

In recent years when we had Puma it was Puma licensed rather than Puma produced (I think the firm was called Genesis or something like that). 

I'd very much like to see a centralised kit deal a la MLS with a bigger brand (than Oxen) who can distribute merchandise to a wider range of retailers, rather than err.. just the club shop. I think Hummel, New Balance or Castore wouldn't be out of the realms for a centralised all-ish RL deal (Home nations, referees kits and SL teams). I know people will say it doesn't matter but I think it's one of those intangibles that gives the game credibility in TV and media, seeing brands people are somewhat familiar with. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.