2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

20 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

spacer.png

9/10. Would be 10/10 without that white box around the chest sponsor...

That's brilliant, bit of edging around the badge maybe but apart from that top class.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

32 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

spacer.png

Very good!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I haven't got an England one, but I do have an Oxen Widnes one and to be fair the quality is quite good, it feels like a produce worth that sort of money.

I have the England 1/4 zip and really like it. Good quality IMHO

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s missing an animals ring piece on the back to get 10/10

Just put eorl crabtrees on and all will be well... 

Well it won't obvs but if you can't beat them... 

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

spacer.png

A 'proper' collar ... and a V ....., oh dear, I have to sit down.

Very nice indeed.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Im clearly in a minority here, but think the Hudds jersey is nothing more than very average.

A number of things stick out for me.

I’m sure many Hudds fans will however be grateful, as it could have been a lot worse

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Out of genuine interest..  what are those things?

Sponsor logo on the body looks far too big (though that might just be the unfortunate product shot), sponsors on the sleeves look far too high, one side of which may be due to the Betfred logo being added at a later date, but don’t think it appears on both sleeves, it does also beg the question why it would need to be added later and not at source when this is being produced.

The Giants logo Also looks to have been placed too far across on the left chest. And likely placed where is so it sits directly on the chevron, where it really should be a case of the chevron fitting in around the giants logo placement, not the other way around.

when designing any teamwear, first priority should always be placement of club and sponsor branding, in the prominent positions. Then design around them. That doesn’t appear to have happened here.

I’d also question a two button placket on a playing Jersey. They look like Poppers to me, which are generally ######, though might be buttons, but having two will likely lead to opposition players grabbing them much more easily, we’ll also possibly see baggy neck lines like we used to see back in the mid 90’s, though might be quite nostalgic for some!

lastly, the fabric just looks bloody awful. Absolutely no interest in it at all. Very flat, cheap looking basic Polyester.

maybe I’m being a bit harsh.. but still think this could of and should of been a lot better.

it’s not a bad shirt. But It’s also just not a good one. IMO, of course.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Sponsor logo on the body looks far too big (though that might just be the unfortunate product shot), sponsors on the sleeves look far too high, one side of which may be due to the Betfred logo being added at a later date, but don’t think it appears on both sleeves, it does also beg the question why it would need to be added later and not at source when this is being produced.

The Giants logo Also looks to have been placed too far across on the left chest. And likely placed where is so it sits directly on the chevron, where it really should be a case of the chevron fitting in around the giants logo placement, not the other way around.

when designing any teamwear, first priority should always be placement of club and sponsor branding, in the prominent positions. Then design around them. That doesn’t appear to have happened here.

I’d also question a two button placket on a playing Jersey. They look like Poppers to me, which are generally ######, though might be buttons, but having two will likely lead to opposition players grabbing them much more easily, we’ll also possibly see baggy neck lines like we used to see back in the mid 90’s, though might be quite nostalgic for some!

lastly, the fabric just looks bloody awful. Absolutely no interest in it at all. Very flat, cheap looking basic Polyester.

maybe I’m being a bit harsh.. but still think this could of and should of been a lot better.

Thanks for that, it's interesting (as with the leopard thread) to hear the detail of why something isn't right on these sorts of things. They seem little but it can throw the eye off and while a lot of is would sit there and think "doesn't look quite right" it's interesting to hear why that is. 

It's annoying that they are relatively easy fixes for most, especially the logo/badge fixes.

6 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

This won’t be the playing shirt, like Leeds 2021, and if the fans shirt is like the leeds one, i think they are ‘poppers’ and the fabric is rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

This won’t be the playing shirt, like Leeds 2021, and if the fans shirt is like the leeds one, i think they are ‘poppers’ and the fabric is rubbish.

Tbf they did do a cotton edition with proper buttons and far less sponsors (oddly). Though it does have a ridiculously big elvis style collar!

6 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Wow,I bet your fun at parties.