2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Adult Human Leopard.

No, wait, that's the kind of talk that got the other thread locked.

I'm no even sure what part of the Ts&Cs were broken

1 minute ago, RP London said:

I'm no even sure what part of the Ts&Cs were broken

There wasn’t any, I think Martyn Sandler just got the hump because he was getting the mick taken out of him.

Travesty that thread got locked, in a time where everything around us is going to the dogs that thread was some relief.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Can’t believe the best thread ever on this forum got locked do it will have to go in here instead.

It could be worse. Panthers don't even exist.

For shame on you, Penrith, the NRL champions to boot. Not some wooden-spooners...

Nah, this is still stupider.

58 minutes ago, daz39 said:

On the video, there is also shots of a collarless one, certainly on Bethan Oates so i presume this will be the supporters version, i like it but i will wait to see if the V is actually gold in real life as it appears yellow on the promos, i won't be getting one if it's yellow.

Well I stand corrected. And I'm very disappointed. As a fan, I wouldn't buy a jersey from my team unless it is a replica of what they are wearing on the field. I don't want the body hugging fit, so player jerseys are not my thing, but I still want to look the same as the squad.

Furthermore, why wouldn't they wear it? At least for 1 or 2 games? The last two seasons the Brisbane Broncos wore a collar (2015 & 2022) it was very popular with fans. The 2015 heritage is considered by many, the best jersey they have ever had. Sold like hot cakes and you have to pay a premium to get a second hand one these days. Sydney Roosters rocked a collar on a premiership anniversary jersey this year. Again, fans loved it.

Queensland Maroons used to dabble in the collared fan jerseys, but you could still buy the fan replica. I'm pretty sure the collared fan jerseys phased out a few years back because most people want what the team wears.

To your other point, yes, I fully understand your reservation in buying this if the colours are off.

14 hours ago, MRN said:

Well I stand corrected. And I'm very disappointed. As a fan, I wouldn't buy a jersey from my team unless it is a replica of what they are wearing on the field. I don't want the body hugging fit, so player jerseys are not my thing, but I still want to look the same as the squad.

Furthermore, why wouldn't they wear it? At least for 1 or 2 games? 

You are right.

This pretence that a collar makes it easier to tackle/grab is basically nonsense.

I have Graham McKay's Hull FC jersey from back in the day. It has a collar, which is stiched down to make it impossible to grab, and the button neck (placket??) is smaller and tighter than the opening on the replicas, again effectively rendering it extremely difficult to grab.

I also had a 2009 roosters player jerseys which again had a smaller collar and tighter neck opening than the replica versions.

Teams can easily play in collared jerseys, simply by adding slight modifications to the player version. 

Edited by Madrileño

18 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Can’t believe the best thread ever on this forum got locked do it will have to go in here instead.

Love this comment on Twitter ...... "They want make their minds up, some of us have tattoo parlour appointments already booked ffs" 🤣

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Madrileño said:

You are right.

This pretence that a collar makes it easier to tackle/grab is basically nonsense.

I have Graham McKay's Hull FC jersey from back in the day. It has a collar, which is stiched down to make it impossible to grab, and the button neck (placket??) is smaller and tighter than the opening on the replicas, again effectively rendering it extremely difficult to grab.

I also had a 2009 roosters player jerseys which again had a smaller collar and tighter neck opening than the replica versions.

Teams can easily play in collared jerseys, simply by adding slight modifications to the player version. 

If it was nonsense then it's unlikely virtually all 28 top level teams would have removed them. It's an additional grip, of course you can grab it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Here's as good as anywhere...

Why are the referees at the World Cup socks' pasty pink or luminous yellow, not matching the rest of their kit?

Someone bought a job lot of them from skelmersdale market in the 80's and has now finally found a use for them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, V02 said:

If it was nonsense then it's unlikely virtually all 28 top level teams would have removed them. It's an additional grip, of course you can grab it.

Wouldn't it also be more that a collar isn't elasticated and it basically would be pretty painful to be tackled by the collar instead of an elasticated one that has give? 

Edited by Dave T

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Wouldn't it also be more that a collar isn't elasticated and it basically would be pretty painful to be tackled by the collar instead of an elasticated one that has give? 

There are several reasons why players rugby shirts don't have collars 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Love this comment on Twitter ...... "They want make their minds up, some of us have tattoo parlour appointments already booked ffs" 🤣

Thanks 😊 

• Like 2

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

47 minutes ago, Damien said:

I feel like I shouldn't but I really like both of those.

Same here.

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website