NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Finals Week 3

What a tremendous match ! The more it went the more I was rooting for the Eels. I’d be surprised  if Lane doesn’t make the Kangaroos squad he’s in tremendous form , and with any luck Waqa Blake will get banned for pulling Leilua’s hair and give them an even better chance . Excellent backs to the wall upset win for Parra , obviously exactly as I predicted 

Edited by DavidM

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

What a tremendous match ! The more it went the more I was rooting for the Eels. I’d be surprised  if Lane doesn’t make the Kangaroos squad he’s in tremendous form , and with any luck Waqa Blake will get banned for pulling Leilua’s hair and give them an even better chance . Excellent backs to the wall upset win for Parra , obviously exactly as I predicted 

Although i wanted Cowboys to win to make a NSW v QLD final, got to feel for Brad Arthur…what an achievement given all he has been through ( and continues to go through) at that wasps nest at Parra. who knows, maybe the young arthur could score the winning try for a fairytale finish.

Ill be cheering for them next week. 1 of only 3 NRL teams to never play in a WCC final (Warriors and Titans the others).

Parra attitude wins the day, in a rollercoaster match in which Eels fans probably wemnt through the seven ages of man in the last forty.. Cows like Sharkies ahead of schedule this season but Parra wrer the more creative side making more line breaks than the Cows who played a more physical game.

Man of the match Clint Gutherson, simply superb.

All I now need is a penny panthers win.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs, 7.50pm AEST at Accor Stadium

Panthers team: 1. Dylan Edwards 2. Charlie Staines 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo

14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Sean O’Sullivan 19. Matt Eisenhuth

Players cut: 20. J’maine Hopgood 21. Sunia Turuva 22. Chris Smith

Rabbitohs team: 1. Latrell Mitchell 21. Richard Kennar  3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray

14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Hame Sele 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Jed Cartwright 18. Davvy Moale 19. Blake Taaffe

Players cut: 2. Alex Johnston 20. Josh Mansour 22. Jacob Host

Penrith Panthers were too good for Parramatta Eels as they earned the week off ahead of this preliminary final. The defending premiers moved to within 160 minutes of retaining their title with that success but face a tricky test in this clash with South Sydney Rabbitohs.
The Bunnies got the better of Cronulla Sharks thanks to an impressive effort last week and will be full of confidence based on their last two performances. With no home advantage for the Panthers, it may be something of a leveller in this matchup in what is a repeat of last year’s Grand Final. 

Edited by Graham