Wigan "Memory Wall" at Robin Park

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/22/wigan-warriors-memory-wall/

"We are offering fans the opportunity to be part of our rich history by purchasing your very own personalised plaque to feature on the Memory Wall, alongside the milestone plaques of our Hall of Fame players and Club legends. The plaques are the perfect way to celebrate, or remember, a loved one and be part of a lasting legacy here at our site at Robin Park Arena."

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

"We are offering fans the opportunity to be part of our rich history by purchasing your very own personalised plaque to feature on the Memory Wall, alongside the milestone plaques of our Hall of Fame players and Club legends. The plaques are the perfect way to celebrate, or remember, a loved one and be part of a lasting legacy here at our site at Robin Park Arena."

Can I get one to celebrate the 11/2/96?😁

• Haha 1

Saints have a similar area at LP (I think it’s called the Memorial Garden) and it’s a nice little touch. I have a mate who goes and “visits” his Grandad before every home game. 

It seems Wigan are making the most of the space they have. The game as a whole is still some way off but there’s some clubs who are really making their stadia and matchday experiences more inviting. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

“75-0 with love x”

You’d never get away with oh you’d have to hide it a little. 

75-0 months

From a loving neighbour no time will ever take the pain away. 

• Haha 1

I was really impressed with that Wigan have on offer with the "fan park" when I went there last week pre-game. Really good atmosphere, lots going on and generally a fun place to spend the time pre-match. 

Inside the stadium on the other hand? There will be fans still queuing for a pint now. 

Luckily the names already up there look like a computer generated image (I hope), with Shaun Edwards being printed as Sean Edwards😬

Maybe done on purpose. You let us down, we spell your name wrong. That'll show you!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Is that image a photoshop mock-up as they have Ellery Hanley at both ends.

Having said that, he was that good.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

Luckily the names already up there look like a computer generated image (I hope), with Shaun Edwards being printed as Sean Edwards😬

Maybe done on purpose. You let us down, we spell your name wrong. That'll show you!!

Ah yes, just said the same.  I am sure they are just mockups.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.