A bigger day in Doncaster

glemiln

Trust we shall have a very good following in Doncaster tomorrow to cheer another great performance taking us into the final.

No doubt a very tough encounter, especially after Donny’s loss at Swinton, with discipline paramount to success.

Apparently, we have not won at Donny since April 2011, so what a better time to repeat our victory.

It's a tough game, physicality is something we need as Doncaster are a physical side and we need to match them, if we let them get on top of us then we will be on the back foot from the whistle. The key to tomorrow is keeping our mistakes to a minimal while capitalizing on Doncasters. If we perform like we did in the first half against Crusaders and make sure we shut down a second half fight back then we should be in a good position to be in the playoff final. 

9 hours ago, The Lad said:

It's a tough game, physicality is something we need as Doncaster are a physical side and we need to match them, if we let them get on top of us then we will be on the back foot from the whistle. The key to tomorrow is keeping our mistakes to a minimal while capitalizing on Doncasters. If we perform like we did in the first half against Crusaders and make sure we shut down a second half fight back then we should be in a good position to be in the playoff final. 

I agree. COME ON YOU 'NETS!!!! 

24 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Honestly don't know where this idea of Doncaster being a physical side comes from. Our forwards are generally lightweight but pacy. We've a bit of power in the backs but that's it really. I'd describe us as balanced.

You mean “ a chip on each shoulder “ ? The old jokes are always the best.

If teams aren’t physical in rugby league there’s something wrong.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

HT.  Donny 12 - Hornets 4

Seems a bit tense....which team will go for broke? 

Certainly too late for Hornets - we will have to wait another year...

52☹️😲-20 to Donny after too many Hornets' infringements and errors. 

Very disappointing end of season result.

Edited by glemiln

Just in case anyone missed our defeat…..not good enough defensively.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwihrbvIsbL6AhVehP0HHb1zBnUQFnoECAQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rugby-league.com%2Farticle%2F60982%2Fhighlights-%7C-doncaster-v-rochdale-hornets&usg=AOvVaw2Ok_oJVTesZMpCQKsuetHs

…..a long drag to next season and how we rebuild for what may be a final League 1 as it stands. 

A hard game yesterday and a disappointing result.

First half Doncaster were the better team, made good yards after contact and were more physical in defense shown by the fact that we didn't even get to their line in the first 20 minutes of the game.

The second half was spoiled by terrible ref decisions, a disallowed try because of a suspected forward pass, he missed four or five high tackles, three or four forward passes by Don and made some bewildering calls that gave them three scores that they shouldn't have had. After the ref stopped his 20 minute crusade we were able to settle into the game and score three tries to their two. It's a shame the ref did what he did as the first half and the last 20 of the second was a competitive enjoyable game that could have gone either way. 

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

A hard game yesterday and a disappointing result.

First half Doncaster were the better team, made good yards after contact and were more physical in defense shown by the fact that we didn't even get to their line in the first 20 minutes of the game.

The second half was spoiled by terrible ref decisions, a disallowed try because of a suspected forward pass, he missed four or five high tackles, three or four forward passes by Don and made some bewildering calls that gave them three scores that they shouldn't have had. After the ref stopped his 20 minute crusade we were able to settle into the game and score three tries to their two. It's a shame the ref did what he did as the first half and the last 20 of the second was a competitive enjoyable game that could have gone either way. 

I couldnt agree more the Ref had an absolute shocker, changing in the last 20 minutes to try and balance things up, I hate it when they do that, the damage was done. Long term, once again, our discipline cost us 3rd or 4th place, which probably would have got us to the final at least. Losing Sheridan to injury and Penky taking his " ball home" was also a contributing factor. A big thanks goes to Fui Fui who for the age of 41 showed outstanding professionalism. Next season should be rebuilding with younger players, not worrying too much at outright promotion, targeting the playoffs as a goal. As ever finances will be tight due to the Rugby Leagues apalling disregard for League 1 teams ( Cornwall excepted). Òverall an enjoyable season of entertaining Rugby for the few spectators that bother to watch us, those that didnt go you missed some good stuff.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2022 at 16:41, Athleticgrounds said:

I couldnt agree more the Ref had an absolute shocker, changing in the last 20 minutes to try and balance things up, I hate it when they do that, the damage was done. Long term, once again, our discipline cost us 3rd or 4th place, which probably would have got us to the final at least. Losing Sheridan to injury and Penky taking his " ball home" was also a contributing factor. A big thanks goes to Fui Fui who for the age of 41 showed outstanding professionalism. Next season should be rebuilding with younger players, not worrying too much at outright promotion, targeting the playoffs as a goal. As ever finances will be tight due to the Rugby Leagues apalling disregard for League 1 teams ( Cornwall excepted). Òverall an enjoyable season of entertaining Rugby for the few spectators that bother to watch us, those that didnt go you missed some good stuff.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

I do feel that the balance of senior and young players has been a good mix throughout the season. The likes of Penky, Fui,Rangi and Greg McN have helped steer us through some difficult and close games. Personally, if our league format remains the same, I feel that they could go again, apart from Penky of course.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

2 hours ago, ornit4ever said:

I do feel that the balance of senior and young players has been a good mix throughout the season. The likes of Penky, Fui,Rangi and Greg McN have helped steer us through some difficult and close games. Personally, if our league format remains the same, I feel that they could go again, apart from Penky of course.

It doesn’t sound like that is going to happen next season. I agree all the senior players have been good value for money but I’m not paying the wages.