Seguier

Springer 

Stefani

Jouffret

Yaha

* Half backs Lucas Albert & Fages are not fit like props Bousquet & Navrarrete

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 5

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

42 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Shame about the huge outs in Fages and Bousquet.

I'm disappointed that Miloudi isn't there. He always makes a game more fun and watchable with his high-jinks and antics.

He's in France B to play Knights Oct 1st

Navarrete must be injured surely to miss out on selection, big blow with Bousquet already out.

Something like this must be close to the first 17?:

1. Morgan Escare
2. Arthur Romano/Paul Marcon
3. Samisoni Langi
4. Matthieu Laguerre
5. Fouad Yaha
6. Arthur Mourgue
7. Tony Gigot
8. Jordan Dezaria
9. Alrix Da Costa
10. Mickael Goudemand
11. Benjamin Jullien
12. Paul Seguier/Maxime Stefani
13. Ben Garcia

14. Eloi Pelissier 
15. Lambert Belmas
16. Justin Sangare
17. Maxime Stefani/Paul Seguier

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Has Chan opted for somebody else then. 

As per @ATLANTISMAN's youtube channel where he asked Alex Chan on Joe's stance on playing for France - I believe he said something along the lines of he didn't want to take the place of a born-and-bred Frenchman in the squad at this point in time.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, POR said:

He's in France B to play Knights Oct 1st

I saw that a few days ago and my reaction was to think that he was there for game-time. I thought he was still a strong chance of making the main squad.

I feel his unpredictable, off-the-cuff style offers an added element that could have aided France.

Oh well... I hope he goes well against the Knights. I suppose if there are late pull-outs or injuries he's always a chance of getting a call-up.

Edited by StandOffHalf

8 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I saw that a few days ago and my reaction was to think that he was there for game-time. I thought he was still a strong chance of making the main squad.

Possibly S according to Fédération Française de Rugby XIII regardinf France B

We have three objectives: to prepare for the future and plan for the 2025 World Cup, to play high-level matches to make them progress and finally to open the door to the World Cup squad for high-performance players in the event of injury. 

9 hours ago, UTK said:

As per @ATLANTISMAN's youtube channel where he asked Alex Chan on Joe's stance on playing for France - I believe he said something along the lines of he didn't want to take the place of a born-and-bred Frenchman in the squad at this point in time.

Is Joe French born? If not he’s no longer eligible on residency once he heads to Melbourne 

10 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Is Joe French born? If not he’s no longer eligible on residency once he heads to Melbourne 

Neither of the Chan lads are, both Australian born I believe. 

Yeah I remember stumbling upon that inadequacy in the rules after Kheirallah left Toulouse, extremely strange requirement and I wholeheartedly agree with you that being capped once should confirm eligibility in perpetuity.

I also think a cumulative residency option for eligibility should be imposed as is the case in some other sports, what amount of years that should be is not something I can answer but breaking a 4 year residency should not require an individual to start the required continuous 5 years again to gain eligibility.

• Like 3

The Bleus biggest challenge in decades - in one month

* Oct 2

France B  v England Knights

Bordeaux

* Oct 8

France v Tonga   (warm up)

Halifax

* Oct 17

France v Greece

Doncaster

* Oct 22

France v England

Bolton

*Oct 30

France v Samoa

Warrington

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

It's the older Chan Tiaki - isn't playing against the Knights

There are two players in both squads Le Cam and Rougé - wanted them to have some playing time

Gigot seems to have gone back to his own town Avignon. Frayssinous was convinced by his desire to be involved - last chance maybe

The coach has other names such as TO players Bergal and Jussaume as back- ups if injuries occur too

7 players from TO

13 players from Dragons

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim from Oz said:

Has he actually EVER played for France?? He ALWAYS seems to be injured at rep time !

Jim - he was the captain in Australia last time wasn't he?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fages seems to have no interest in playing for France injury or no injury i predicted at the start of the season that regardless he would not appear in the WC for them.

Just watch Joe Chan fly he will be sensational after a couple of seasons at the Storm the next SBW his ability to unload in the tackle is superb and will only get better.

Paul

PS/Remember them when they first came over in 2006 we used to call their club car the Chan Van with all the little rascals in it:)