Australia PMXIII vs PNG PMXIII - Sky Sports

Australia all over them, too big too strong and too tactically wise.

Zac Lomax, if he was to start for Australia come World Cup (don’t watch enough NRL to know who may be better option than him) is the weak link, prone to multiple brain explosions and terrible at reading a 3-man rush in attack. 

Ben Hunt and DCE are very good!

Edited by welshmagpie

Feel for the PNG team here.  Australia have a number of players who will be in the World Cup squad and team and yet the best of PNG (Olam, Mead, Johnstone, Lam etc) not playing.  It's a he'll of a job for this group.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Feel for the PNG team here.  Australia have a number of players who will be in the World Cup squad and team and yet the best of PNG (Olam, Mead, Johnstone, Lam etc) not playing.  It's a he'll of a job for this group.

I feel australia have gone a bit over the top with the team selection. They usually choose a weaker team, but it may be to do with the fact this will be there only warm up match.

18 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Australia all over them, too big too strong and too tactically wise.

Zac Lomax, if he was to start for Australia come World Cup (don’t watch enough NRL to know who may be better option than him) is the weak link, prone to multiple brain explosions and terrible at reading a 3-man rush in attack. 

Ben Hunt and DCE are very good!

I think Cobbo has removed himself from possible Australian selection as well - keeps getting dominated while running the ball, couple of errors and then a terrible tackle attempt at the end there.

18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Mead has retired from the game.

new rise.jpg

1 minute ago, Pulga said:

Mead has retired from the game.

Yes, fair enough.

I was just comparing this PNG 13 to the one that defeated Fiji.  I don't want anyone to look at this and think PNG can't be competitive this Autumn. 

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

any links to watch it other than sky?

It is on Watchnrl.com as well.

8 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

I absolutely love watching PNG play RL !

See if you can catch some Digicel Cup. The standard is amazing. I'd probably watch it over the NRL if it was easy to access and the broadcast was a good standard.

• Like 1

new rise.jpg

51 minutes ago, Pulga said:

See if you can catch some Digicel Cup. The standard is amazing. I'd probably watch it over the NRL if it was easy to access and the broadcast was a good standard.

I’d love to see a few Digicel Cup teams included in this proposed second tier knockout comp if it ever happens.

As for the result of this game, not unexpected. Fair chance here are more of the Australian side that make the World Cup than PNG. Throw in their NRL & English based players and other NSW/QLD Cup players who missed out like Alick, Simbiken, Derby & Biondi-Odo and they’re looking alright for the World Cup.

Solid hit-out for both squads.

A depleted PNG side made a good go of things either side of HT.

PM XIII charged out of the gates and ended strong but their opponents had some nice moments in the middle.

Lomax didn't hurt his chances. I think Cobbo has a very good chance of making the boat, in light of the Suaalii defection to Toa Samoa.

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Why was this one in Brisbane? Are there covid issues in PNG? 

A month or so back in the QLD cup one of the Aussie teams didn’t want to play against the Hunters in their first game back in PNG until a high up Australian politician intervened. It might even have been PM Albanese. I think the issue was security worries.