We’re off to Leigh - Million Pound game

Batley Bob

52 minutes ago, phildog said:

Is there going to be a celebratory match kit along the lines of the one which Ravensport are advertising for fans?

I understand you can order this through Ravensports website

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'm a Fev fan and we all know whoever came up against Leigh in the final would be massive underdogs (no pun intended) but I hope you go there with the same intensity has you did at Post Office Road and make for a good final. After last Sunday you thoroughly deserve your day out and I wish you the very best of luck.

Edited by J Phil Loxton
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Drigdog said:

Wow 3 Woodman coaches (including 1 mini), 2 Batley Boys coaches, 1 70 seater from the Nash and a coach from Drighlington ARFC Do we know of anymore?

Think the Nash bus is one of the Batley Boys ones.

There is another coach going from over Dewsbury way.

46 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

They are the team shirts, aren't they?

Ravensport have released what it describes as a Leisure Shirt for the final. 

Phildog is asking if the team will be wearing a one off Match shirt for the final.

Front.png

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

7 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Ah, ok, thanks. I presumed it was what the team would be wearing, doesn't look like a leisure shirt to me....

I've e mailed Ravensport to ask if the teams Match Shirt and this Leisure shirt are the same design.

• Like 2
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

38 minutes ago, Johnny65 said:

Good luck on Sunday you deserve it (Widnes fan)

Can anybody tell me why Tom Gilmore would give up play-off rugby to be supposedly coming to Widnes?? 🤷‍♂️

If he is/was/ever did, I could think of several very good reasons. I think your question is majorly flawed!

Edited by distantdog

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

Ah, ok, thanks. I presumed it was what the team would be wearing, doesn't look like a leisure shirt to me....

Hi BatleyBird, 

the Leisure shirt is just for the supporters and this 2022 final only.

the team will wear the normal home kit. with the 2022 final lettering as on the Leisure shirt.

the reply from Ravensport..

" Hi

This is a stand-alone leisure shirt. The playing kit will be this years shirt with the same lettering as the leisure shirt.

Kind Regards,"

Image26666.jpg

Edited by RPH
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Johnny65 said:

Good luck on Sunday you deserve it (Widnes fan)

Can anybody tell me why Tom Gilmore would give up play-off rugby to be supposedly coming to Widnes?? 🤷‍♂️

We might be triggering his super league release clause after sunday

IMG_0583.JPG

3 hours ago, RPH said:

Hi BatleyBird, 

the Leisure shirt is just for the supporters and this 2022 final only.

the team will wear the normal home kit. with the 2022 final lettering as on the Leisure shirt.

the reply from Ravensport..

" Hi

This is a stand-alone leisure shirt. The playing kit will be this years shirt with the same lettering as the leisure shirt.

Kind Regards,"

Image26666.jpg

Fab, thanks for confirming. 

2 hours ago, Johnny65 said:

His missus runs the buisness and they live in Chorley 🤷‍♂️

And a young family who he might like to see now and again.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Johnny65 said:

His missus runs the buisness and they live in Chorley 🤷‍♂️

Expanding family, desire to spend more time supporting wife/work, less time sat on the M60/62 travelling to and from Batley. How do you know he is willing to forgo play-off ruby? Surely he assumes that next year he has a chance of play-off rugby. Batley might not reach the play-offs next season. Widnes might. More money!

• Like 3

Widnes has always had more money so why would Tom figure that buying for buying's sake will guarantee that Widnes might replace Batley in next season's play-off? I think we're resigned to losing him sadly unless he has a Road To Damascus revelation on Sunday which, as his sponsor, I can only pray for. One thing I do know is that he won't be leaving gladly and it'll be a long time before we get another like him. I hope a SL club decides to give him another go if he does go, that way he mightn't miss too much family life as he'll be 'at work' whilst the kids are at school.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Expanding family, desire to spend more time supporting wife/work, less time sat on the M60/62 travelling to and from Batley. How do you know he is willing to forgo play-off ruby? Surely he assumes that next year he has a chance of play-off rugby. Batley might not reach the play-offs next season. Widnes might. More money!

Whatever his reasons, his commitment to Batley over the last couple of years has been immense.

All the very best wishes for your future.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Whatever his reasons, his commitment to Batley over the last couple of years has been immense.

All the very best wishes for your future.

I couldn't agree more. I'd rate him as good a scrum half as l have seen in a Batley shirt in my time watching Batley. My post was in response to the guy who asked why he would move. Players have a range of reasons for leaving.

• Like 2