We’re off to Leigh - Million Pound game

Batley Bob

26 minutes ago, phildog said:

Does anyone know what the financial benefit is to us from this run? Do we still get only 5th place finish money or is there extra cash for getting to the final?

How about the split gate receipts from a combined attendance of around 12-15k?

As I understand it a split gate from the Barrow match, split gate from the Featherstone match possibly slit gate from the Leigh match plus whatever Batley receive from losing in the final, we know what they get if they win £1million.

I hope I have that right they are all minus team's expenses.

Therefore at present v Barrow att 3595, Featherstone att 4000.

50 minutes ago, RogerT said:

As I understand it a split gate from the Barrow match, split gate from the Featherstone match possibly slit gate from the Leigh match plus whatever Batley receive from losing in the final, we know what they get if they win £1million.

I hope I have that right they are all minus team's expenses.

Therefore at present v Barrow att 3595, Featherstone att 4000.

Sorry to be a little pedantic, but the MPG was originally called so, because it was worth an extra £1M to the winner of the GF, when we had promotion and relegation. SL funding was circa £1.8M, the losing finalists got £1M less than the promoted team, circa £800k. 

From what I've read, the latest sky deal is £24m a season, of which, the RFL has been allocated £5M to distribute to all of the clubs outside of SL. 

Logically, if the MPG is true to its name, and worth £1M more funding to the winners. The loser of the final should get £583k, if each of the 12 SL clubs get an equal share of the £19M remaining of the Sky TV deal, as it would equate to £1.583M each. I haven't seen what funding SL are getting, if any, in relation to the Channel 4 coverage.

But when did RL follow any sort of logic?

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be up early again for this one. Just hope the reception is better on Live Sport.

Been a terrific season for the Dogs to finish just behind Leigh. If it hadn't been for Leighs big spending who  knows what  the result  may be.

I think the score will be much closer on Sun than when they last met.

Unfortunately can't make the game Sunday on holiday😭, I want to wish the boys all the luck in the world a real bunch of heroes not just for the Batley fans but for the whole CHAMPIONSHIP and LGE 1,it just proves that for some money can't buy happiness!! For ME the team spirit we have at Batley is priceless!! Regardless of what happens on Sunday for me, BATLEY are still and always will be the BIGGEST little club in THE WORLD. 

GOOD LUCK BOYS!! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

its typical , biggest game of the season and i will be in Sorrento on my honeymoon, so hopefully will find a bar that will have the game on, will be proudly wearing my Bulldog shirt sunday evening whatever the result.

lets go upset them big time Charlies 

Congratulations!!! I love Sorrento, have a good time. Hopefully the Miracle at Manchester will be the icing on the cake 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

i will be in Sorrento on my honeymoon,

tut tut, you really need to get your priorities right. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..