We’re off to Leigh - Million Pound game

Batley Bob

Have a great day, you lot, win, lose or draw.

Time to make some lasting memories.

• Like 6

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, Drigdog said:

If Leigh are 1/150, then the Batley odds of only 12/1 are a disgrace and a rip off. They should be at least 100/1

True.

Never trust a bookie...................................oh!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Game been spoiled with the announcement of Kendall as ref. Gives some unfathomable, shocking decisions. As if we haven't enough to contend with, having to expect what he'll throw at us as well is a bridge too far. He can make or break this game as an advert for us even if not the result. Disappointed with this appointment; can you tell?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Game been spoiled with the announcement of Kendall as ref. Gives some unfathomable, shocking decisions. As if we haven't enough to contend with, having to expect what he'll throw at us as well is a bridge too far. He can make or break this game as an advert for us even if not the result. Disappointed with this appointment; can you tell?

I think it is fair to say that this is Batley's biggest game in my lifetime.And I'm 70.Since the Barrow and Fev wins I have seen so many threads from other club's fans.It has been a pleasure to read  all the praise and congratulations and the obvious respect that other fans have for Batley as a club.

The one moan is a complaint about the referee.

The difference in class and ability of the two teams means that Batley would'nt win if I reffed the game.

All I ask is that the team go out ,enjoy the day and do the club and themselves proud.

And I'm sure they will.

• Like 5

It's a strange one, i hope you win as it will be a upset to the order but Super League will destroy the Bulldogs. Some teams are Super League contenders and some are not. The main thing is you will be getting a decent payoff for getting to the final.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phildog said:

So you don't think that the referee is competent yet assume that everything will go against you, not Leigh.

It helps to get your paranoia in first I suppose, rather than simply enjoying yourself.

• Like 3

Paranoia? Everybody who's watched a match with Kendall in the middle knows full well how he likes to be in the eye and be controversial. I don't expect to be in a position of saying ' the ref lost us that game', what I do hope is that he goes down the middle, shows consistency and keeps to the background and lets everybody play what is after all a hard, contact sport.

• Like 1

And what a turnout! A stand full of support, come back next January and put yoursrelves on our seats and make the same noise, these guys, these 110% effort guys deserve the backing. To those who may not be with us next season; take these scenes with you. Those of you seeing this on Premier Sports who might be joining us or aren't yet decided, see what you'll be missing. Best family club in the entire RL, best fan atmosphere and a squad which buys in to Batley Bulldogs.

• Like 3