We’re off to Leigh - Million Pound game

Batley Bob

11 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Yes,

I too noticed that Derek ensured our players clapped you guys for the part you played. 

You have been awesome all season. Let’s hope the 13-1500 who turned up become the hardcore of Mount Pleasant next season. You certainly deserve it. 

👏

That's the problem they don't turn up to the league games in the same numbers. It's same at Featherstone, get to a final and there's a lot more come AND usually they are the ones who moan when we lose. Batley are getting it right and deserve more support,looking forward to most Fev fan's away day whatever the result.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

That's the problem they don't turn up to the league games in the same numbers. It's same at Featherstone, get to a final and there's a lot more come AND usually they are the ones who moan when we lose. Batley are getting it right and deserve more support,looking forward to most Fev fan's away day whatever the result.

Same with all clubs to be fair , glory supporters , you'll never see em week in week out , however they do provide that injection of cash that the clubs need plus it looks good on t v .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Same with all clubs to be fair , glory supporters , you'll never see em week in week out , however they do provide that injection of cash that the clubs need plus it looks good on t v .

Agree, but they are the first to moan when we get beat, if you say anything to them they say they've followed the club for 30- 40 years, but I bet they've only seen half a dozen games in that time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Agree, but they are the first to moan when we get beat, if you say anything to them they say they've followed the club for 30- 40 years, but I bet they've only seen half a dozen games in that time.

Spot on lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RogerT said:

To me only spoilt by people who paid money for beer or whatever then throwing it all over people and the person who invaded the pitch and had the stewards hassling to get him out.

Yes I enjoyed the game and yes the segregation of the fans  made it more so, I bet it made a good picture on the telly, both ends full and one side fairly full.

We've all got them and seen it at Wembley and Tottenham, they aren't interested in the game just the ###### up. Don't give a thought about other fans.

• Like 1

To be fair I don't think the majority are glory hunters. When you take into account that many husband's / wife's etc will probably take a partner or a couple of children and mates will take mates who have no interest but go because of the occasion. The secret is though is to keep hold of them for the future. Over to you IMG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

To be fair I don't think the majority are glory hunters. When you take into account that many husband's / wife's etc will probably take a partner or a couple of children and mates will take mates who have no interest but go because of the occasion. The secret is though is to keep hold of them for the future. Over to you IMG.

But are they taking Category A mates, or a lesser category?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Good performance all round - team, club, fans.

Back down to earth on Boxing Day, mind.

• Haha 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

You should be on stage BSJ. 

"Aye thang yew!"

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.