Jump to content

We’re off to Leigh - Million Pound game


Batley Bob
 Share

Recommended Posts


And what a turnout! A stand full of support, come back next January and put yoursrelves on our seats and make the same noise, these guys, these 110% effort guys deserve the backing. To those who may not be with us next season; take these scenes with you. Those of you seeing this on Premier Sports who might be joining us or aren't yet decided, see what you'll be missing. Best family club in the entire RL, best fan atmosphere and a squad which buys in to Batley Bulldogs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, phildog said:

And what a turnout! A stand full of support, come back next January and put yoursrelves on our seats and make the same noise, these guys, these 110% effort guys deserve the backing. To those who may not be with us next season; take these scenes with you. Those of you seeing this on Premier Sports who might be joining us or aren't yet decided, see what you'll be missing. Best family club in the entire RL, best fan atmosphere and a squad which buys in to Batley Bulldogs.

Superb rugby this. Every man playing for each other. Please don't win cos I want to see more of this in the championship. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Not really the thrashing some folk expected. With a bit more luck it could have been a tad closer . 26   12 second half massive effort. 

Brave effort.

  • Thanks 1
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kept going to the end, competed well, with luck might have score a couple more tries through Leak and, if he'd only been on the pitch, Campbell when Hooley passed into touch exactly where Jonny would have been! Proud of the effort of all of them. Plus what might have been if Morton had taken in the pass in that first attack?!!

They all deserve to enjoy a few beers now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good result when you think of some scores Leigh have run up this season. I was unable to watch the game but     kept up with the score. The Dogs did well for the first half hour keeping them scoreless and that is not easy playing a super fit full time outfit.

Been a  great season for the club and I  look forward to the coming season. It could be better with   Leigh out of the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leigh have so much quality across the park it was only ever a pipe dream, but I thought we played really well for the majority of the game, just catching us cold after half-time. Fantastic atmosphere, really enjoyed this season.

Just need to get on to Bissa to get a few of this seasons games on USB to get me through the winter 😉

  • Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Leigh have so much quality across the park it was only ever a pipe dream, but I thought we played really well for the majority of the game, just catching us cold after half-time. Fantastic atmosphere, really enjoyed this season.

Just need to get on to Bissa to get a few of this seasons games on USB to get me through the winter 😉

It really has been a brilliant season. I have loved our style of play this season. When was the last season we had 3 players score over 20 tries? 

As for yesterday, I thought our defence was nothing short of heroic at times against a physically intimidating team. 

Now onto the bleak winter months which hopefully will be punctuated by shafts of signing lights!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It really has been a brilliant season. I have loved our style of play this season. When was the last season we had 3 players score over 20 tries? 

As for yesterday, I thought our defence was nothing short of heroic at times against a physically intimidating team. 

Now onto the bleak winter months which hopefully will be punctuated by shafts of signing lights!

100% agree and yesterday was a great day out to finish the season off. I think we all knew what the end result was going to be but our boys did us so proud, as they have all season. Fans were brilliant too, you'd have thought it was us going up, Leigh end looked dead!! 

Well done everyone, let's hope we are in a similar position next season, hopefully at The Mount next time!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me only spoilt by people who paid money for beer or whatever then throwing it all over people and the person who invaded the pitch and had the stewards hassling to get him out.

Yes I enjoyed the game and yes the segregation of the fans  made it more so, I bet it made a good picture on the telly, both ends full and one side fairly full.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed about the defensive effort. Super human efforts to put giant, quick forwards (not mentioning those massive centres/wingers) on their backs.

That spell from 10 minutes to 30 was incessant, brutal RL. Those 3 tries were just the result of the 4 or 5 committed players in every tackle just losing that yard against their fresh interchanges. But nothing but respect for those lads who put their bodies on the line for the full 80 minutes.

We are all now just dreading the announcements of players leaving. Hopefully limited now after such a brilliant season….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PREMIER SPORTS

16 minutes of Highlights from the Final.

 

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fredm said:

In the Football League play off final, the winners donate all the match funds to the losing team as they have won the big prize. I wonder if Leigh will be so generous?

I wish. I have to say that the Leigh team were very gracious in victory and clapped us all first before heading off to celebrate with their fans, led by Beaumont.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...