Rhyse Martin

Loiner

Just a mention for Rhyse Martin last night, not only did he have a great game but broke the super league record for consecutive goals standing at 38, well done Rhyse.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Just a mention for Rhyse Martin last night, not only did he have a great game but broke the super league record for consecutive goals standing at 38, well done Rhyse.

Best goal kicker in rugby league in my opinion. Actually it’s not even an opinion percentage wise I’m pretty sure he is kicks around 90% which is tons more than any nrl kicker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Best goal kicker in rugby league in my opinion. Actually it’s not even an opinion percentage wise I’m pretty sure he is kicks around 90% which is tons more than any nrl kicker.

Probably not as high as Krisnan Inu but just guessing, this is one skill that has no boundaries it does not matter what League or division you are in even pro or amateurs, I can't understand why you want to compare it to the NRL.

• Like 3

@SydneyRoosters

Not sure about this year but this gives the kicking percentages of SL kickers from 2021. It certainly shows that Martin is amongst the best, if not the best (I'd personally discount the ones that have only kicked a few goals):

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-leagues-best-goal-kicker-22571369

Edited by Damien

8 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Think you will find goals are a lot harder to kick in the NRL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Probably not as high as Krisnan Inu but just guessing, this is one skill that has no boundaries it does not matter what League or division you are in even pro or amateurs, I can't understand why you want to compare it to the NRL.

I was going to Write Cleary but I just thought I’d say the entire any in the nrl. Theoretically the NRL should have better goal kickers as they have more players and there for more goal kickers.

19 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I was going to Write Cleary but I just thought I’d say the entire any in the nrl. Theoretically the NRL should have better goal kickers as they have more players and there for more goal kickers.

Sorry but that just doesn't make sense. I remember in the 80's watching the ARL - cuertosy of Micron Video - that good kickers in Australia were as scarce as rocking horse droppings, but like every other facet of Rugby League over there they work and work and work on deficiencies till they get them right.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry but that just doesn't make sense. I remember in the 80's watching the ARL - cuertosy of Micron Video - that good kickers in Australia were as scarce as rocking horse droppings, but like every other facet of Rugby League over there they work and work and work on deficiencies till they get them right.

I know they are hence the higher percentages in the SL. I am saying theoretically the NRL should have better goal kickers as they have more goal kickers, SL Have 12 times whilst the NRL has 16 (17) teams. But this is not the case which is interesting and worth mentioning.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why's that then, if you say a different shape ball it is the one they practise with all the time.

Because they are upside down innit.

Martin is a very good goal kicker, a goal kicker of that quality will win you a couple of games a season and I'm surprised by how many SL sides in recent years have been happy to settle for very inconsistent ones.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I suspect that was because of the weird kicking style employed by most Aussie goal kickers back then of leaning the ball forward toward the goal and kicking it on the end.  From what I've observed watching those old matches that was a very hit and miss kicking style, some of those kicks were shockingly bad.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

I suspect that was because of the weird kicking style employed by most Aussie goal kickers back then of leaning the ball forward toward the goal and kicking it on the end.  From what I've observed watching those old matches that was a very hit and miss kicking style, some of those kicks were shockingly bad.

That's how pretty much everyone kicks it now? Did you mean leaning it backwards?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

That's how pretty much everyone kicks it now? Did you mean leaning it backwards?

No I mean leaning it forward and kicking it on the end.  If they didn't hit the ball exactly right if often went nowhere near the goal.

11 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

No I mean leaning it forward and kicking it on the end.  If they didn't hit the ball exactly right if often went nowhere near the goal.

Sorry I'm just not following. That's literally how everyone kicks nowadays. You lean the ball forward and kick the point of the ball as below.

Leeds-Rhinos-v-Hull-Kings-009.webp.f5d8b72357263963e44f00fa8e387b84.webp

photo_285430.jpg.c942372f432e9776e399a78bdad1087f.jpg

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

25 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

23 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

What we called a "toe bunger" for clarity Mal Meninga's style.

• Like 3