Rhyse Martin

Loiner

8 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Sorry I'm just not following. That's literally how everyone kicks nowadays. You lean the ball forward and kick the point of the ball as below.

Leeds-Rhinos-v-Hull-Kings-009.webp.f5d8b72357263963e44f00fa8e387b84.webp

photo_285430.jpg.c942372f432e9776e399a78bdad1087f.jpg

There's a difference though, he's not kicking the ball straight on like the Aussie kickers back then, he's kicking it more soccer-style.  He's more likely to hit it right that way.  The end isn't on the ground either, that's another difference.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Sorry I'm just not following. That's literally how everyone kicks nowadays. You lean the ball forward and kick the point of the ball as below.

Leeds-Rhinos-v-Hull-Kings-009.webp.f5d8b72357263963e44f00fa8e387b84.webp

photo_285430.jpg.c942372f432e9776e399a78bdad1087f.jpg

Big Picture is talking about the old fashioned toe bung like this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Big Picture is talking about the old fashioned toe bung like this:

Ahh I see now! It's effectively toeying the ball rather than striking through and around it. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

It's strange how some really good goalkickers stop being first choice kicker. Keith Mumby, , David Hobbs, Sam Burgess at Bradford. Joe Westerman nowadays.

Sam Burgess used to kick for Bradford?

Hehe, I chuckle at the thought of that. Have to admit I don't remember him ever kicking.

3 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Sam Burgess used to kick for Bradford?

Hehe, I chuckle at the thought of that. Have to admit I don't remember him ever kicking.

Wikipedia has him as not scoring a kick for the Bulls. He kicked a few and was a really good long-range kicker off the tee and out of hand. He kicked a goal in an Aussie Grand Final.

His chances were limited because Paul Deacon and Iestyn Harris were our kickers but I thought he'd have been a kicker in the NRL.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Confused 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 26/09/2022 at 11:42, Chris Taylor said:

Liam Finn has the record for 42 consecutive kicks

He does if you disregard the one he missed for Ireland against England Knights 

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, DACS said:

Burgess did not kick a goal in an NRL Grand Final, or any other game I'm aware of.

Doesn’t ring any bells with me either. Reynolds would have been Souths kicker. Maybe Sam kicked for Bath and England RU? A few misses probably cost Bath and England the chance to win a trophy.

• Haha 1

Burgess had 1 unsuccessful kick in Souths GF win. Probably the final conversion when Souths were up by 24 points.

He kicked 5/8 for Bradford v Wakefield in 2007. Neither Deacon nor Harris played that game. Here's a real hardcore trivia question: Who played five-eighth that day? It was Glenn Morrison

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Burgess had 1 unsuccessful kick in Souths GF win. Probably the final conversion when Souths were up by 24 points.

He kicked 5/8 for Bradford v Wakefield in 2007. Neither Deacon nor Harris played that game. Here's a real hardcore trivia question: Who played five-eighth that day? It was Glenn Morrison

Five eighth? In Britain?

Coincidentally, though, Sam Burgess's goalkicking record in the game.😂

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"